Detecting Show.. You hate it, you love it, but will you watch it again?

OZARKS

Forum Supporter
I see all kinds of opinions on the detecting shows, and alot of them are negative...but let's be honest, the show will be on for the season, so we have to wait at least that long, and then there will be years of reruns:cool:

Are you going to watch it again? Secretly? Will you watch to see if it gets better? Or will you watch just to have something to talk about?

Will you never watch it again, and if so, will you stop talking about it?

I ask this because it seems like the show sure has stirred up some drama, but I have to wonder in the back of my head "How many of these guys are still going to watch the show next time anyway?":lol:

not only am i gonna watch it i'll also be adding the new lingo to my posts.......so brace yourself for future roundness i'll be posting

I'm done with it. I'll catch a rerun if somebody here posts something compelling but otherwise no.

No cable, so was spared. Was tempted to go over to my mom's house and watch, but it was on much too late. Not huge on watching TV, usually messing with something the whole time anyway. Doesn't really sound like I missed anything, so probably wouldn't, even if was on broadcast TV. Probably be less inclined to look at National Geographic listing too.

probably not. If I want to see someone dig up a good target every few minutes I'll just keep hunting with my fellow local MDers!
the show itself I could watch...just because it's about MDing, but I can't stand listening to all the BS. the "sensationalism" has ruined just about everyshow I wanted to watch.
I love seeing what comes into a pawn shop..pawn stars? NO WAY , JOKE/comedy
I wonder whats in that storage locker...storage wars? NO WAY , JOKE/tv drama
I am a survival prepared kind of guy..doomsday preppers? NO WAY, JOKE/infomercial
I am a firearms kind of guy...sons of guns? NO WAY , JOKE/ soap opera

metal detecting hobbiest...Diggers? NO WAY , JOKE/ MTV meets Jackass

I thought it was entertaining but not realistic or a good representation of our hobby. I guess I will watch it again and just hope it gets better.

I watched the first two.....

It's on the DVR for series record. I'm leaving it that way. It may be mildly annoying and only for the terminology. But, it is entertaining. Probably not what most of us would like to see, but this is a new age. :(
I hope this will not divide our forum members. We still have family values here !
Let's focus on what is important to our hobby.
HH,
Marty

wasnt bad

too much beeping, they need a detector with more disc. or wear headphones and ad a beep here and there. gotta find the JUICE.

Two guys with AT pros out digging holes having fun & getting paid
too do it,good for them.you will watch them again!

I DVR'd 2 episodes and fast forwarded through almost all of both of them. I'll probably do that again but I didn't like the show enough to watch for it to come on again. I just didn't find it very interesting or entertaining.

I will most definitely watch it again. I just love treasure hunting TOO much to miss it.

No. Just for yucks I searched future dates and it looks like the inital 2 shows just get repeated. Which is fine. I hope they kill the show given the current production cast and crew.

Back
Top Bottom