OUR reviews.

Jason

Elite Member
As many of you know by now (see "DFX vs. XLT") I tend to research something to death before making a major purchase. Something I picked up from my brother. As it was pointed out to me this evening, magazine reviews can be rather biased, slanted, and sometimes just flat out dishonest. So, do you think we could talk Carol into making a "Reviews" section in an appropriate area? We would need to make this a "Read Only" so users can't reply to the reviews (what one user doesn't like, might be the opposite for someone else. Don't need any bashing). After it's created, we could all write our own review on our machines that we use the most. I think it would help new users, or someone looking to buy a new machine, a chance to read a review from someone who actually uses that machine and doesn't stand to profit from it. Maybe it could be a whole new section called "Reviews", than have sub-catagories for each manufacturer. Would you be willing to write a review on your machine?

That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to know the likes and dislikes of various machines from actual people who have used them verses what a magazine might have to say.
HH, Wes.

Carol,
You should start a new site where you get to do the reviews on all the website, Let the manufactures know about it, and have them send you Freebie Detectors as to use and write reviews on. You could probally get all kinds of freebies out of them.
Probally have to give them all good reviews though, or they might quit sending you there detectors to review. lol

Don't think we haven't thought about that, because we have.

But... yeah, they would expect a good review in exchange. :roll:

Hey Carol, just checked out that site. That is exactly what I was talking about. It's fantastic! It's easy to navigate, and the reviews are real. It's funny though, how one user can rate a machine so badly, the the very next review says they will never part with it. We all need to refer the newbies to this site when they ask for opinions on their first purchases.

Back
Top Bottom