Hello all

draaiorgel

Hello from bonnie Scotland,
Yes, I'm new to the hobby and this form. I've only had a quick glimpse so far, got a lot of reading to do here.
Just got a new Garret 250 Ace, can't wait to get out there
but our weather has just broke might not get out till beginning of the week.

With friendly greetings,
Draaiorgel

Hello & welcome aboard ! You will like the Ace, a lot of people have been buying them. My friend got one and likes it a lot.
How do I pronounce your name ? Good luck, learn your machine and post up what you find, Steve in so az

welcome Draaiorgel , good to have ya on the forum can't wait to see some pictures of Scotland and your finds del

Welcome. Spread the news of the froum to all your friends across the pond. All are welcome. :yes:

Hey guys,
Thanks for the great welcome.
Managed to get out today after all, to a local pebble beach. To many false readings.
Remember not many hours under my belt yet and never seen a detector before, I've only clocked up 5-6 hours
so far. But nothing to show for it yet, only a rusty nail, 2 rusty bolts, and a beautiful Stella Artois bottle top.
But I'm learning.

I know it's a matter of perseverance and learning my machine. I'm not giving up on this!
Once I've set my mind to a thing I get boringly persistent.

With friendly greetings to all,
Ian aka Draaiorgel

Ian, at least you're finding something...that's a good start...if your beach is salt water and you're hunting wet sand you're going to get LOTS of false signals with the 250...if that's the case, might help to turn the sensitivity down...good luck & HH Roadrunner_426

Hi RR_426,
Thanks for the tip, yep they're all salt beaches in my area. I was using the all metal function preset, but didn't really pick the best beach this time too many hot rocks.

I forgot to say my wife is very keen on the hobby too and
we do about 15 minutes each and share the digging.
This is the first hobby we've really shared in 36 years
and we're enjoying the chase.
Ian & Eileen

Welcome to a great forum and a great hobby! Find lot's of good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom