Question about your email addresses -

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
I wonder why a lot of people have hidden addresses. Sometimes I would like to send info or such to a poster here but cannot. It's usually things I dont want to share with those who might be in my own city. In general, why dont people want to be contacted ? thanks, steve in so az

steve in so az said:
I wonder why a lot of people have hidden addresses. Sometimes I would like to send info or such to a poster here but cannot. It's usually things I dont want to share with those who might be in my own city. In general, why dont people want to be contacted ? thanks, steve in so az
??? Why not just send a PM?????

Steve,

Most of the time I just send PM's. I guess I don't have my email posted so I don't get hit with more spam than I do now. Once I've PM'd someone a couple of times, I just exchange emails... like you and I did :)

OZ - Thank you very much ! I didnt see that could be done, sure will from now on. Steve

Most of us that have our e-mail addresses concealed do so for security. Once we feel comfortable with an individual, it is always possible to take info exchange to another level, just like JoeG indicated. It is not only spam, but other "nasties" that can be awaiting you in your e-mail box. I have never heard of a problem here on this forum, as we have a really good bunch of people. I have been witness to viruses being sent to individuals on other forums dealing with different subject matter.

steve in so az said:
OZ - Thank you very much !  I didnt see that could be done, sure will from now on.  Steve

Steve, I had sent you a PM on this forum the other day. Didn't you get it?

Rudy - I just sent you a PM and then noticed I had PM's not seen. On another forum they notify you when a PM comes in - not here ? Anyway, I still cannot get on the Cal forum. The screen goes blank - and I have tried everything. Thanks, steve

That is weird.  I'll send Jeff an email and see what he can do to help.
I presume he can reach you by email right?

Yes - no problem with my email. I sent him a note about my problem 2 weeks ago and he replied that I was on the old forum. Well, I went over all several times and that's not so. Thanks, steve

steve in so az said:
Rudy - I just sent you a PM and then noticed I had PM's not seen. On another forum they notify you when a PM comes in - not here ?  Anyway, I still cannot get on the Cal forum. The screen goes blank - and I have tried everything. Thanks, steve

Steve

Go to your profile and you can get notified by checking
Notifications and Email.

My email addy can be viewed and I do get quite a bit of email from members but no spam, I have spam filters anyway.

Yeah, I belong to several forums. Spam and security can be a problem. I was selling a bicycle on Craigslist awhile back and you wouldn't believe the scam e-mails I received.

Another method if you want to publish your email but are afraid of the spam robots finding you, write it differently. Here is mine: Ozzz AT 1-pbs DOT com

As mentioned earlier, probably not an issue here, but better to play it safe against those darn spam-bots.

Too funny :)

On every board/forum my nick is Ozzz (Oz, taking a short nap, that's why the extra two z's). Didn't use it here because I wanted to avoid the confusion with Oz_Il

yo Stevie O

From the land of the Bluenose....imagine that it is so Joey G doesn't send you one of his cd's.....have a few and love his music. Waiting for a few more of your sunset photos Steve!

Back
Top Bottom