11-6-2.jpg

So I took him to a tot lot and hunted for a couple of hours and
had no problems what so ever.
11-6-3.jpg

Now what do you know about that???????
11-6-1.jpg

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Hope you keep Mr Speedy and Miss Speedy in separate rooms, otherwise your libel to have a bunch of Little Speedies running around!:D:p:lol:

Tesoro Silver Sabre--

I have an old Tesoro Silver Saber with a lot of miles on it. The last time that I went to use it, it wasn't working right. I put it away and asked around to see if anyone locally worked on them. No one did that I could find. While moving some things, I came across it again and decided to try it once more. I's working fine again. I guess when we all get older, we need a rest from time to time.

Tesoro's are like a good wine, they get better with age. Not to hijack your post Tabdog but thought you might enjoy this one -

My wife has an old Garrett Freedom Coin Master that she just loves. This thing is so loud when it hits on a target it almost hurts your ears and thats when not using headphones. She came home the other day and said there is something wrong with my detector, I checked it over and came to the conclusion that the speaker was blown. I found an old clock radio that had the exact same speaker (same size,ohms,watts,etc.) and replaced it. She used the detector for two hunts & it worked great. The next time she used it it would hit on anything,I checked it all over again and while bench testing it I noticed that you had to have the coin almost touching the coil with the sensitivity set to max to get a beep. And turnig the discrimination dial done absolutely nothing, so I said to myself hmm the sensivity dial doesn't have any effect so the sensitivity dial must be defective. I figured that giving it a shot of electronic cleaner wouldn't hurt, I called Radio Shack ask the price of a can of the spray - $10.00 wow that alots for one shot of spray & will probably would never need the spray ever again. I called a automotive parts place and they said they had electronic spray, $4.99 for a large can (go figure Radio Shack alot more $$$). I gave the disc. dial and the sens. dial a few good blasts and let it set for awhile, turned it on and all is well. I now have a happy wife and she has a healthy detector. Steve.

P.S. When I say I sprayed the dials I mean I opened up the housing of the detector and sprayed the sens./disc./ moving/turning pots.

Back
Top Bottom