Lost My ProPointer (RECEIVED USED PROPOINTER -- Working Great!!!)

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Getting ready to go on another hunt and loading up I can't find my pro pointer! Have no clue where it is! Just great! Guess I'll have to buy one! :mad:

Last edited:
Getting ready to go on another hunt and loading up I can't find my pro pointer! Have no clue where it is! Just great! Guess I'll have to buy one! :mad:

Two or three bucks. The coil is plenty long enough and the pinpointer is heavy enough to stay on the ground where I put it and not spring back at me.

Attachments

• 343434.jpg
    343434.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 347
Two or three bucks. The coil is plenty long enough and the pinpointer is heavy enough to stay on the ground where I put it and not spring back at me.

Yeah only good if you got a pinpointer to attach to it. Now I gotta buy a new one! I went hunting anyway. Pointless trying to pinpoint with the coil.

Useless waste of my time. House built in 1960 only two owners second owner been here since 1964 and all I find is one modern dime and 5 stinky zinkies. I give up. Like I said before time to give up the hobby. Lost my pinpointer and can't afford another one. Somewhere in my house is a useless worthless Harbor Freight pinpointer that I suppose I could use if I can find it. Probably not worth my trouble anyway.

Update: 2 of the pennies were from the 60's (1961 and 1968 D) but trust me they haven't been there all that time because they were only 1 or 2 inches deep! If they had been there since the 1960's they would have been 6-8 inches deep!

Last edited:
Now I have a question. I recently got new "rubber buttons" for the pro pointer I lost. If I buy a new pro pointer -- those buttons won't fit will they. :?:

Sorry to hear that. Lost my Lesch digger in the park after I had a sciatic attack.

Mercy! I can identify with the sciatic attacks -- DAILY! I wake up with it! I don't like just WALKING and doing nothing. So I detect and get my walking in. Walking seems to help a bit to me. Others -- maybe not. Depends on the severity. I spent a month recently going to a physical therapist -- didn't help much!

I have a Lesch too but I have other diggers but a pin pointer is a must. Pin pointing with the coil ain't the best. You tend to dig gopher holes trying to find the target.

Sorry to hear that. Lost my Lesch digger in the park after I had a sciatic attack.

I lost a Lesch in a park while loading my car as it began to rain. I came back the next day to look for it and there were a group of boys playing cricket. Some had been there as I was leaving. When I asked about it none of them claimed to speak english.

Had a close call with mine but eventually found it had fallen down in a muck boot out in the mud room.

After that, got one of those retractor things and etched name and phone number in a couple places.

Silver, sorry about your lesch. Too bad there's people who'd rather take something than have the good feeling of returning it to the rightful owner.

I just remembered that buddy of mine bought two Propointers, lost one his first day out. I went back to the spot the next day, but it was no where to be found.

I've spent a lot if time looking in the dark for my hand shovel after forgetting to pick it back up! I have lost my pinpointer before. It has a beep alarm if its left on for an extended time. That lost alarm has saved me a couple times. Sorry you lost yours.

Possibly in the process of purchasing a used one from someone on the forum. Will keep you posted.

ToySoldier where can I get one of those things you pictured? I'll need one when/if I purchase another pro pointer.

Found my Harbor Freight pinpointer. I guess I can use it for awhile. Better than nothing I guess.:?:

Well I didn't get the propointer. He sold it. Guess he couldn't wait till the first of the month. One other one available but it's been repaired on the outside. Oh well.

ToySoldier where can I get one of those things you pictured? I'll need one when/if I purchase another pro pointer.

Hardware store next to the key duplicating machine.

I clip it to one of my belt loops on my right side not far from my pinpointer holster. The leash never gets in the way.

Hardware store next to the key duplicating machine.

Well, thanks but now I won't need it. The guy sold it and I was interested! :mad: Guess he couldn't wait till the first of the month when I get my SS check. One other one available but it's been repaired on the outside. I don't want it. :no: Guess I'll have to save up for a new one! $$$ that'll be expensive on my budget - might take awhile.

Lost mine one day in the woods. left it at the 2nd to last hole. walked about 1/4 mile before I reached for it to use in a new hole. Opps. Lucky for me, I backtracked and found it. The next day I ordered that coil cord like Toysoldier mentioned. Now when I grab my pinpointer out of my metal detecting go pack I hook up. The cord works well and does not really interfere much with detecting or digging. When detecting, I just slip my pro-pointer into my jeans pocket. Now all I have to watch is leaving my predator shovel.

I used to find these at Thrift Stores for about a quarter. They didn't have a ring to attach it to a pinpointer but you could surly figure something out.

I don't use a pinpointer but I have made a few lanyards just for fun. You can make them out of trimmer line how ever long you want them and how ever heavy duty you want them. Just google youtube videos on trimmer line lanyards and there are several videos showing how to make them, it is a fun little project to do.

Attachments

• lanyard.jpg
    lanyard.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 167
Back
Top Bottom