Only in the philippines

Looking forward to Kens next trip

Hopefully by this fall when Ken makes a return trip to the Philippines he will be in better health and able to enjoy his trip a lot more. This trip he was very limited as to what he could do . May be next trip he will be able to make some side trips and even get some detecting in . There was a lot of Word War II actions in the area where he lives. I would love to the visit the fortifications at Corregidor some time, i have hear they have very interesting tours available there, the kind of thing i would love and my wife would be bored with. There was not a lot of big battles were we normally visit on Bohol & Cebu , but there is a large Spanish Fort you can tour on Cebu. Many of the islands have stone built watch towers to watch for invading ships. Many of the local beaches are so trashed it is hard to detect them. Most of the local public beaches have no trash pick up so all the trash is burned or buried. Because their coins are made out of a variety of metals you have to hunt in all metal mode unless you are just looking for jewelry. We were there last summer 2017 and did spend some time at one of the tourist beaches where the beaches are cleaner. I did get to detect it and found some coins , if we had been there longer i might have found some tourist jewelry. Since my last trip i have been building a Philippine's coin collection, i really like the coins under USA rule, their Pesos from 1903-1906 are the same size as our Morgan dollars and made from the same silver blanks. the Peso from 1906-1912 are slightly smaller but still silver. If it was closer i am sure we would go back every year, i really enjoy it over there. The wife is going back this summer 2018 for her mom's 90th birth day.

Hopefully his next trip he'll be okay to enjoy it better than the recent one and have a better computer to use to keep in touch easier on the forum.

Definitely looking forward to new pics he will take as I'm sure he'll be expecting me to do more funny edits :lol:

I sure hope I will be in better shape the next time we go. We don't travel around a lot, But, we do like a get a way once in a while to the beach to relax.
I know the wife has plans to get the house repainted. Now I wish we had a small house. That will cut down on what we can do.
She wants to go back in October this year, I guess money grows on trees.
I have a small test spot in my yard with a few coins. Nothing has come up yet..

KEN :D

I sure hope I will be in better shape the next time we go. We don't travel around a lot, But, we do like a get a way once in a while to the beach to relax.
I know the wife has plans to get the house repainted. Now I wish we had a small house. That will cut down on what we can do.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maybe you got to use the right fertilizer ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
moneyfarm.jpg

Money trees

Every one over there seems to think we have them growing in our yards , and they want their share of the harvest.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You got that right. People in the Philippines thinks money grows on trees. They think because you come from America, you are very rich. My wife and I are on a fixed income. With very little money to spare. We save everything we can. I do find a lot of gold rings and other things I can sell to get extra money for our trips.
Than you have the people stop by your house saying that so and so is in the hospitle and they need money. Well, don't come to me with your problems. Are you going to help me if I get sick.
That is my story... KEM

Ken's big old money tree in the back yard

You got that right. People in the Philippines thinks money grows on trees. They think because you come from America, you are very rich. My wife and I are on a fixed income. With very little money to spare. We save everything we can. I do find a lot of gold rings and other things I can sell to get extra money for our trips.
Than you have the people stop by your house saying that so and so is in the hospitle and they need money. Well, don't come to me with your problems. Are you going to help me if I get sick.
That is my story... KEM

At least that is one plant your wife's relatives will tend the whole time you are back over here. They will tend it daily and treat it just like it is theirs. :laughing:

She wants to go back in October this year,

I guess money grows on trees.

Hey Ken, we want pics if you do get money to grow on trees ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
kenmoneytreepick400.jpg

Ken's Money tree

Hey Ken, we want pics if you do get money to grow on trees ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 410384
With a tree like that Ken will find his house and yard full of visitors all the time , might have to put a fence around it. Hope that tree is bearing fruit all year that way he could afford to stay longer each year. May be he could bring us all back some seeds to grow our own money trees.:laughing:

Ken looks happy with his crop

With a tree like that Ken will find his house and yard full of visitors all the time , might have to put a fence around it. Hope that tree is bearing fruit all year that way he could afford to stay longer each year. May be he could bring us all back some seeds to grow our own money trees.:laughing:

Ken looks real happy to be picking that crop of money , i imagine he can find lots of help to pick it all. Best thing about that crop it doesn't go bad like picking fruit.:heartylaugh::gettinmoney::money::beers:

You don't know how good it feels to harvest my crop of cash. I found that using silver coins for fertiliser sure helps it grow big bucks..
I am sure my wife will not have any trouble spending it either..

You don't know how good it feels to harvest my crop of cash. I found that using silver coins for fertiliser sure helps it grow big bucks..
I am sure my wife will not have any trouble spending it either..

......glad you're enjoying being a cash farmer Ken :lol:

Hey, she might want you to expand it into a really large orchard and you'll have to try to pick the dollars faster than she can spend it :lol:

Kens money tree crop

......glad you're enjoying being a cash farmer Ken :lol:

Hey, she might want you to expand it into a really large orchard and you'll have to try to pick the dollars faster than she can spend it :lol:

I can see him having to fence it in with barbed wire , guard towers , guard dogs like a prison . In side a Royal counting house , Royal treasury , & Royal throne to watch over the harvest. A giant Walmart would open next door for him to spend that loot.:laughing::laughing::kingdances::gettinmoney:

Tree growing inside neghbors house

:DThat is the only way I know how to start this story. ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES..

I have met some very good and smart people over here.

Maybe some not to bright.
We have some neighbors working on building a new cinder block home.

I think something went wrong in the planning on this home. :?:

Maybe they have bananas for brains. :yes:

There is a Mahogany tree in the middle of the living room.
Now, Mahogany trees over here are protected. There has been to much illegal loging of the trees. So, they are trying to protect them.

This tree in this house being built is over 60 feet tall.
Would you normally cut a tree down before you start to build a house?

I can not wait to see what happens when the law finds about this one.
I can just see them scratching their head. :no::no:

Going to make a nice coffee table when finished.

The pictures are the best I could do. I hope you get a good laugh out of this.

Thanks for looking.... KEN

May be your neighbor is building his house around a money tree to protect his crop of cash, if he had a second money tree they could lay in their hammock and pick money.:laughing:

Only in the Philippines

:DThat is the only way I know how to start this story. ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES..

I have met some very good and smart people over here.

Maybe some not to bright.
We have some neighbors working on building a new cinder block home.

I think something went wrong in the planning on this home. :?:

Maybe they have bananas for brains. :yes:

There is a Mahogany tree in the middle of the living room.
Now, Mahogany trees over here are protected. There has been to much illegal loging of the trees. So, they are trying to protect them.

This tree in this house being built is over 60 feet tall.
Would you normally cut a tree down before you start to build a house?

I can not wait to see what happens when the law finds about this one.
I can just see them scratching their head. :no::no:

Going to make a nice coffee table when finished.

The pictures are the best I could do. I hope you get a good laugh out of this.

Thanks for looking.... KEN

Here ia another one for only in the Philippines / Police officer killed by fighting chicken https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54715327

Back
Top Bottom