Silver AND Gold in one ring....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Been slowly revisiting my parks that I scoured with my F2 and Compadre, a few times the Vaq, also.
This time I am armed with the F70.
The thing is a magnet for coins and jewelry using any of the tone settings, but I am practicing using 1 tone in the heavy park trash because it worked so well in a site with heavy iron.

In one week using this new to me set up I have found one nice silver and a very small gold ring in heavy park trash and noticed them pretty easily.
Today, I did it again.
This time I aimed for a 35 year old park that I knew for sure was super trashed out, plus it has a big basketball court with extreme trash so this time I came prepared and used the 5" DD sniper coil.

court.jpg

You know me and what I think about basketball courts...I usually clean then up pretty good and visit them several times to do it.
I went over this area before a several times with the Compadre and the F2 and sniper coil and found a bunch of cool stuff in the past but missed this ring on this side of the court every time.
This side area was blocked off from the court by a tall fence, but I figured they built the court first and added the fence years later because I found a ton of trash, many coins and stuff like that on the other side of that fence when I hunted this side before.
Gotta think logically when you hunt these things, what you see now might not have been the way it was in the past and that goes for any site.

Clipboard01.jpg

Again surrounded by trash, a rusty pop top was 2" away on the left, some kind of other trash one inch to the right and I believe a little foil or a tab on the south end too, but the F70 still locked in and gave me some nice solid numbers that repeated.
It was nestled right next to the end of the concrete and about 4" deep, maybe 5", I am so glad there was no re-bar in this thing or I probably would not have found it at all.

I knew it was silver before I cleaned it up, but when I looked for a mark I did see that 925 I was looking for plus a little surprise...a 14k was stamped in there too!
The cute little heart just happens to be gold.
Not sure if I should count this as a gold find for this year, it is just a small bit but it is gold and it was marked.
Not a big deal, nobody is keeping score but me, I just want the record to be straight when the archeologists dig up information on my yearly totals centuries from now.

Small but thick, size 7 and 5.5 grams, only the second piece of jewelry I ever dug with combined silver and gold.
Two in one...this hobby, the F70 and my finds never cease to amaze me.

Attachments

• silver and gold ring.jpg
    silver and gold ring.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 343
  • P1050466.jpg
    P1050466.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 398
  • P1050471.jpg
    P1050471.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 393
Digger, you never fail to kick some serious a$$ at basketball courts!

Yep!
I call these ball and volleyball courts sites my inland beaches...by far the most productive and highest percentage jewelry sites on land I have ever hunted.
You have to learn to deal with heavy trash at most of them, have the patience to dig lots of trash because of masking problems, too, but if you do some of these courts can be extremely rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom