Scoop Mod

(Heavy)

Elite Member
If your scoop is a little wimpy and short like mine but the stupid thing was still over priced, here is a way to get a little more leverage and look like the big boys on the beach this year.

thanks....thats a great idea, i have that same scoop i use only as a vacation travel scoop and will be adding the longarm, i also had a guy weld an angle support from the bucket to the handle, now i don't have'ta worry about it breakin where the handle meets the bucket.

is this the model you bought?.....http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...tDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=mr longarm extension pole&storeId=10051

Yes the 4ft one ends up being 52 inches tall (tip to tip) and 32" fully closed with the scoop still attached. No additional parts are needed and I would think almost all the scoops I see at KellyCo will adapt the same way.

The grip is better, the connections act like mid grips and the price was 20 bucks at my local home improvement store. I am so happy with the mod I think I will just toss the stock handle out :lol:

NO WAY! my scale says 1.8lbs

thanks, i'll be pickin one up. my home depot shows a couple in stock.

thanks, i'll be pickin one up. my home depot shows a couple in stock.

You will note when you colapse Mr. Long Arm and your scoop is attached just tab the pin and run the knuckle right down over it. The pin will reset after the knuckle clears and then you have a really nice tote position.

It's kinda spooky how these parts came together, I had saved my receipt but really... you won't be returning it.

Oh, did i mention 1.8 Lbs :secret:

100_1202.jpg

100_1201.jpg

Where can I get the scoop to match the handle? Ah never mind, found it in the pop up on the video. It is a Beachmaster 32" Adjustable All-Aluminum Sand Scoop...

Where can I get the scoop to match the handle? Ah never mind, found it in the pop up on the video. It is a Beachmaster 32" Adjustable All-Aluminum Sand Scoop...

Are you sure you want to buy the scoop to mate Mr. Long Arm? This was more of a way to use your existing wimpy scoop until it breaks :lol:

I will be down on the Chicago beaches soon (just got my wet suit) and the first thing I think the rocks are going to eat is my Beachmaster.

If you watch Chicago Ron and Mark work the cuts in the winter on their YT channel you'll see they have these heavy duty wooden or SS handle monster scoops. I just can't seem to find one of these, I guess they make thier own scoops. It's going to be cold as a biotch and I don't expect to see anyone out there but them two crazy guys this time of year.

Chief says "maybe better to get someone to weld up your old Beachmaster before you put this much leverage on it"
chiefmac-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom