An Absolute STUNNER!

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Today was the best day "weather wise" here in southern WI in a long time,and it started out good. A forum friend and I headed out for a few hours and I came up with a Merc and a wheat. I'm cool with that. Later this afternoon I decided to go to a very secret spot,I reserve it for myself because of its potential. All the guys who have those bucket list coins that they've been looking for all their career will feel how I feel right now when they find that coin! My biggest bucket lister has been a silver half of ANY kind. Franklin,Kennedy,Walker,Seated.....didn't care.
I actually used the Explorer2 this morning because I didn't feel like the CTX was performing adequately in regards to depth. I couldn't hit anything past 5" and it was bugging me. The EX2 didn't disappoint,it found that Merc a good 7" down with good tone. This afternoon I took the CTX and stock coil to try to figure out why I wasnt getting deep coins. The answer? Soil. You will see in the pics how deep this hole was,and it's nice black dirt. It's actually about 6" of fill dirt on top of more black dirt that is the original grounds. So,if the fill dirt wasn't there,the coin pictured would have only been around 3" deep. The PP is 9" and it's all in the hole. This ground has a fair amount of whatzits and very small pieces of scrap iron,bolts,etc. The signal was obviously a solid repeater but fairly weak,not a signal like a quarter at 5". Numbers were 1-4/41-43. I was hoping but for 6 years I've been hoping. People find these on a fairly regular basis,but not me. This is a MONUMENTAL moment,and thanks for taking the time to check it out.:grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 407
Finally, welcome to the half club!!

One of the prettiest coins ever minted, and yours is no exception...

BIG congrats!!!

<°)))>{

Congrats on the Walker!! She looks to be in nice shape too. She's just lucky her dress didn't fall down over her head being upside down like that!! Glad you got that bucketlister and HH!

Walking liberty is pretty much my favorite coin. Congrats big time!
Im so glad you posted this. I can't go out today so I gotta live through you all.

Extremely awesome find! Congrats! I've only found one half dollar while hunting and it wasn't silver, so it's still on my list.

Congrats dude!!! Wish I was with you when you found that!!! That would have been cool to see the look on your face when you pulled that out.

Back
Top Bottom