Question about the Lesche

leeh

I bought a tool from Home Depot similar to the Lesche. We've had a drought here in NC, and around June it would not penetrate the ground. I thought my metal detecting days were over until it rained next, but fortunately I tried a screwdriver, and it's worked beautifully ever since. It's the only thing I dig with. The problem is I don't dig many targets deeper than 4", and the hole circumference is small. I have learned that if I want to find jewelry, I am going to have to dig everything so I need a better tool for deeper applications. The Lesche looks beefy enough, but I just don't see it penetrating hard ground. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
LeeH

If the Lesche won't work in the hard ground, nothing will short of a jackhammer! I've had mine for a while now and its great.

I live in the Mojave Desert of So. Cal. A Lesche is useless here too. Get a rock hammer or a brick hammer. Be careful when you hack at your target.

Here in the land of 6-8 inches of rain per year it doesn't get much harder. I have been using a Lesche for many years - gone through 1 & am on # 2. It is hard digging but the Lesche is the best bet I have found.
I have had a couple spots where there were lots of targets but very hard soil- old coins - so I waited till it rained and went back. steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom