• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rain rain finally went away!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Late this afternoon the rain finally was over....got over 6 inches in the past 24 hours...and after choir practice tonite, KT headed to a local elementary totyard not 6 blocks from his church. When He arrived there were 3 people on the totyard, all adults. Two teenage girls and their Dad, KT assumes. He was working with them to get some exercise!

KT started his hunt on the upper end of the totlot away from them and by the time He worked down into where they had been, they had moved over to the basketball court. KT had recovered no coins until He got to the lower 1/3rd of the lot, then began to hit some coins around both the equipment and the tire swings. The tire swings had 4 inch deep waterholes under each one about 5 feet in diameter!! :shock::shock: But there were coins both in the puddles and the sling zone surrounding them. Found some quarters under the horizontal ladder and a handled horizontal bar. Dimes were scattered about in the open. When KT had finished the totlot the visitors had left so He went and ran the edges of the basketball court and picked up a dime and a quarter just sitting in the edge of the grass, not buried! Decided to do a bit of freestyling within a soccer field and discovered several large areas of signal rich zones but no coins, a lot of buried junk in there with crackling and breaking up unrepeatable signals....a couple of good sounding signals when checked with the ProPointer turned out to be about 12 inches in diameter! Needless to say, with the light fading, KT did not bother to dig those, probably deep cutoff metal posts.

Not bad for an hour and 15 minute hunt! Total Royal Tax money collected was $1.63 with 22 coins. And a nice silver dancer pendant! Laying in the grass on the soccer field...first decent piece of jewelry recovered this year!

Attachments

• Mabelvale elementary south 03 21 2012 13 mems 5 dimes 4 qtrs token silver dancer broken bracelet.jpg
    Mabelvale elementary south 03 21 2012 13 mems 5 dimes 4 qtrs token silver dancer broken bracelet.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 378
  • Mabelvale elementary south 03 21 2012 silver dancer pendant.JPG
    Mabelvale elementary south 03 21 2012 silver dancer pendant.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 286
Thats a nice return on so short a hunt King!
Like the Dancer.....:badrain:

As usual, I bow down to you King. I'm on a mini gold streak from totlots as we speak. I've only been out three times and I've found gold the last two times. A 14k pendant and a 10k thin necklace. It's been a helluva good start to the season for me... Clad count has been low but I'll get there. Check out my last two posts for pics.

As always keep up the awesome job in the totlots

BB

Thanks BB and I have looked at your last two posts....and congrats on that totlot gold! My marked 14K 18.35 gram necklace and pendant turned out to be Mexican gold....ie brass! :shock::shock: I had heard of such nonsense but this was the first personal let down KT had with it! Gave it to a Catholic coworker and she was pleased! :lol::lol:

KT cannot believe there is not one comment about his pleathora of zipper pulls from this hunt! HA HA HA

KT, sorry about not commenting on the zipper pulls, but I worked in the garage until 1 AM and had an appointment this morning. I will try to do better in the future. :laughing: Nice dancer, by the way. Oh and nice assortment of zipper pulls :laughing: HH DD

Nice assortment of zipper pulls. Are you keeping them for a mural you are doing?

The silver ballerina looks neat.

I'm trying to visualize the looks on the children's faces, when the teacher said "It's raining out, zip up your jackets"

How can coins come to the surface, after it rains?

I haven't had much luck at the totlots lately. Hopefully my new AT Pro will change that soon.

The silver ballerina looks neat.

I'm trying to visualize the looks on the children's faces, when the teacher said "It's raining out, zip up your jackets"

How can coins come to the surface, after it rains?

I haven't had much luck at the totlots lately. Hopefully my new AT Pro will change that soon.

Because the bare ground washes away from them...have you ever seen any bare ground after a rain...all the little pebbles are standing up on pedestals....they are resistant to erosion...same thing with coins!

Oh Ok-gotcha. I didn't realize that was possible, in mulch, at a totlot.

I thought I detailed in the initial writeup that the some of the hunt was in the totlota and the last part was in the grass next to a totlot, around the basketball court and out on a soccer field. :laughing::laughing: Just cause I go by KingTotsalot don't mean I am confined always to those boundaries! :lol::lol:

Oh Ok-gotcha. I didn't realize that was possible, in mulch, at a totlot.

I have found many coins on the surface of totlots, on those that have a steep slopes, and after a heavy rain, the wood chips gully out washing over the lower edge of the totlot and I walk the gullies and just pick them off the surface, due to the same process I described above...and in the mulch!

But in this thread I thought I detailed in the initial writeup that the some of the hunt was in the totlot and the last part was in the grass next to a totlot around the basketball court, and even out on a soccer field. :laughing::laughing:

Just cause I go by KingTotsalot don't mean I am confined always to those boundaries! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom