• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Interesting prospect today...

Foragist

Forum Supporter
So today I was detecting a schoolyard near my home, and I hear someone holler at me. I turned to see an older minivan pulled to the side, and a guy in the passenger seat waving me over. So, detector off, headphones off, I walk over there. First thing the guy says is "Yep. It is a White's you got" "Those are good machines. Doin' any good today?" I agree about the White's, and show him a handful of can slaw; then jingle my coin pouch, saying "not too bad", with the usual small talk. Then it gets interesting. He tells me of his late Grandfathers farm, and the Ball jar full of old coins he buried there. His Grandmother and uncle confirm the story. All old silver; maybe some gold. This guy believes he has it narrowed down to an area about 20 ft square. He said he bought a Bounty Hunter, and another cheap detector, but never found it, and never got the hang of detecting anyway, so he got rid of them. He has been wanting to get someone who knows what they are doing, and has a good detector like a White's, to come out there for a search. He and his wife in the driver seat seem like good, down to earth people. After talking for a while, he said if it was found, we would split the treasure right down the middle! "You get half, I get half" He explained the family is planning to sell the property, so he would rather give up half than never see it. Then, he also told me the place has earlier, 1800s history as a hotspot dance hall, hotel, and whatnot. Then he adds mention of a couple other old farms he has access to, that would be great for me to detect. :wow:
We exchanged phone numbers, and he said probably in a week or so we'll set up a day to go.
Now how about all that? Is the good Lord attempting to answer my prayers? I feel the interview went really well, and I think I was hired on the spot! We'll see. I really hope...

Now I'd be asking if it was a Ball 1/4, 1/2, or a full quart before I'd be wasting my valuable time looking. :lol:Just kidding on asking that for sure.
What's there to loose on getting a permission with a big red X marked on the property saying dig here almost.
Seems that you have a real great chance of getting a real nice permission and some future ones out of the deal.
Best of luck!

Sounds like a dream spot even if you don't find The treasure

Now I'd be asking if it was a Ball 1/4, 1/2, or a full quart before I'd be wasting my valuable time looking. :lol:Just kidding on asking that for sure.
What's there to loose on getting a permission with a big red X marked on the property saying dig here almost.
Seems that you have a real great chance of getting a real nice permission and some future ones out of the deal.
Best of luck!

Well, good luck!

I'm extremely doubtful there's much truth in what you were told however.

sometimes it's only the thrill of the hunt that matters!

Yep. I'm thinking all of this. Dream. Really Great permission. Extremely doubtful info. Thrilling hunt! ...and luck.
If anything comes of it, I'll post about it.

Well, the guy called me once, after a couple weeks, just to verify my number in his contacts. He said he wouldn't have time for at least a week or so. I let a week or so go by, then sent him a text about it. Still no time.
Now, I'm leaning more toward the extremely doubtful; but still hopeful. I think it's time for another contact...

Man that would be great if he ever comes through! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom