V Nickle # 2

RF1

Hunted near a river this weekend, trying out my NEL Thunder Coil. Dug about 30 shotgun shell brass when finally a V nickle pops out of the hole. Almost did not dig it as they ring up similar to shotgun shells on my ATP and I was getting tired of digging them. Not sure if I should have cleaned it so aggressively, but it's done now!

Attachments

• nickle1.jpg
    nickle1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 75
  • nickle2.jpg
    nickle2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 72
  • nickle3.jpg
    nickle3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 74
  • nickle4.jpg
    nickle4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 73
I like the cleaned look! What process did you use? Whenever I scrub at old nickels they end up looking worse.

Nice one.
Not sure if I like the cleaned or uncleaned coin.

I have a place where there are lots of shotgun shells, most older paper. Must have dug a hundred so far. There are better than digging iron and barbed wire.
Did find an 1889 IHP there so keep expecting another coin. Maybe next time, lol

Congrats on the V nickel. Hey if it makes you feel any better I have taken one of those little spongy fiber wheels in a dremmel tool to clean the nasty off them. They're not worth anything in that dug condition so I figure why not shine them up a bit for my album. Now if I can only dodge the cyber space eggs and tomatoes thrown at me.:boo::hiss:[emoji28]

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Very, very fine steel wool and water. Came out better than the pictures show. Pictures make it look rough.

I like the cleaned look! What process did you use? Whenever I scrub at old nickels they end up looking worse.

Back
Top Bottom