Wife may let me get a Nox 600 :) Advice?

hot damn! ..mud man! you can do all of that with a tesoro!..as matter of fact,for years you were 'cooking' with a compadre if memory serves!..a $160.00 detector,and practically making' a living on clad! so what's this? family inheritance?..gonna spend big bucks now on digital stuff?..for years and years you was singin' the praises of tesoro!.ehe he! he! ..thought for sh*T sure you would be "all over" the mojave!..man!..have you changed! ..i'm just saying'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Damn Butters!...WTH is wrong with you? Are you sure it was me? You have me mistaken for some other Mud Whistler!...I have NEVER owned or even swung a Tesoro!...Just the F70, the AtPro and a little Summer fling with a used CZ 20 about 5yrs ago that took a !!!! neck deep hunting in Lake Michigan and I had to send in to have it repaired for another $400!...(250' my @ss!) I make no secret of the rigs I have run!....You are thinking about somebody else, not me dammit!...

I will say, with only a month of the NOX 800 under my arm, I still say theres nothing faster, easier, or crisper for clad slamming than the F70!...And outbesting the AtPro in the water for fresh water Gold? Digger please! Thats a tough hill to climb!

I'm doing my best to get used to the NOX and figure it out though...This machine is a bit smarter than I am so far, but then again, so is the TV remote and the garage door opener...and I have no doubt the Compadre is smarter than my microwave...Although that may be debatable...

Still though...I just dont know on account of I have never owned or ever swung a Tesoro....Probably never will,...Primarily because I like full tones and I hate buying 9Volt batts!...I do like the cut of the rabid TeeBoi fanclubs jib though, especially yours!...Some have told me its similar to an ACE 250! Only with less bells and whistles, more knobs and a metal box! Nostalgic! Like tuning in G'Pa's old Magnavox radio listening to Amos and Andy! I wouldnt know..I've never swung a 250!...Maybe upgrading to the Tesoro I would get Lawrence Welk? :laughing:

Edit: OK..Full disclosure? Thinking back, ashamed to say I did accidentally buy a Cobra Beach Magnet once!....From a reputable and well known dealer!...it was 'limited supply' and a 'factory rebuild', and I got it for one hell of a deal! Damn thing only took one 9volt batt!

And since I had a few 9's left over from my CZ 20 fiasco affair, I figured WTH?...Since as you know, the CZ20 takes four...So I spent a 'dollar to save myself a nickel' on that deal! Cool name and predatory marketing got me!

"Cobra Beach Magnet!" Alright! Look the hell out! Couldnt find a hood off a Ford Ranger in a Junkyard with it!...Sold it to some poor ignorant Tard for $50 who showed up at my garage sale...even threw in a pair of 9volts and a plastic TSC grain scoop drilled as a sand sifter to sweeten the pot, and a cotton nail apron I believe......I feel bad about that..but who knows? Maybe the guy got interested in the Sport and went on to greatness? Maybe with a Sandshark? Those left over 9's will come in handy!....

If you know me at all, you know I dont give a diddly durn about fancy pants tech or digital, and I for sure dont favor Minelab!..but in this case, the NOX? I will not argue with the Infield results and feedback from longtime respected hunters...and I dont care about being brand loyal!...Not when Time and Gold waits for Nobody! :laughing:

Last edited:
I’m reading this thread ,and thinking wow.Seeing some new feedback from people who usually don’t and some of the same ole from the same ole..lol..
Me personally,I wouldn’t dish out major cash for a clad machine that can go 10 inches,clad that deep is always too crusty to clean or run through coinstar.:laughing:
As for multi frequency machines being better than single frequency machines,,I think on the beach I’d agree,,in dirt it don’t make a difference,not in my soil.Ive ran multi frequency machines and single frequency machines,made good and bad finds with both,and don’t see one outperforming the other.
I’m usto a 3 tone machine,could care less for anything past that.Tesoro machines are in a class of theyre own,and those guys who run them usually find way more than others,cause of course they’re digging more.Imo a smart move.

I figured that I would try the multi-frequency thing again. If it’s not that impressive to me, I have a couple single frequency machines in mind that I will look for.

Tesoro machines are in a class of theyre own,and those guys who run them usually find way more than others,cause of course they’re digging more.Imo a smart move.

"Oh there you go! There you Go! Everytime somebody try to talk about how great Joe Louis is, somebody gotta pull Rocky Marciano out they @ss!" :laughing::laughing:

(Coming to America barbershop clip)

"Oh there you go! There you Go! Everytime somebody try to talk about how great Joe Louis is, somebody gotta pull Rocky Marciano out they @ss!" :laughing::laughing:

(Coming to America barbershop clip)[/QUOTE

49 -0. And he retired undefeated heay weight champion,while still holding the belt ..Like the at pro,he is a legend in his sport:laughing:

As we all know by now Tesoro has closed it’s doors...
Best of luck to the Tesoro employees that were laid off.

Has there been any official word from Tesoro though? All that I've found are rumors or "Well, I talked to so and so at Tesoro and they said....."

Back
Top Bottom