E-Trac finally hits on some silver...and lots of other stuff I missed!

Waveoff

Elite Member
I picked up a nice used E-Trac with a 6x8 SEF coil from woodbutcher with the hopes of making some of my spots alive again. I was kind of bummed at first because the main spot I was hoping to squeeze more old coins out of didn't give up a single coin to this [new to me] machine. My last two hunts have got me loving this detector now though.

I hit a yard yesterday that I previously hit with my Vaquero and 11x8 coil. I spent a whole day there and came away with maybe 10 coins? Yesterday, I hit it with the E-Trac and it was pulling out coins left and right. The area around the house was a carpet of roofing nails but all coins I dug rang up solidly. I also found my first silver with this machine. A '44 Merc. I also dug a bent 1931 Peter Paul Mounds Award of Merit token. The pile of coins from yesterday's hunt are on the left of the paper towel. I've also include a picture of what the token should look like.

Today's hunt snagged me more coins in a previously hunted spot that I've hit multiple times with my Compadre and Vaquero with two different coils. I also got my second silver with this machine. The plug shot is of the Rosie I dug here. It was only a couple of feet away from where I found my first silver coin ever. The pile of coins on the right are from today's hunt.

Wheats from yesterday and today are in between the piles along with some miscellaneous stuff at the bottom (junk plated spoon, shotgun headstamp and an early 1900's shell casing).

zEGNZw6.jpg

TcepSPU.jpg

gV0CNl4.jpg

gWOShWT.jpg

I would say that the Peter Paul Mounds medal is Nuts, but, as we all know, Almond Joy has nuts, Peter Paul Mounds don't... :)

Nice finds! I love finding token/medal type things.

That’s a lot of coins,nice saves..That Etrac sure don’t miss much,I’m glad your catching the bug.lol that poor vaquero might be catching a little dust though.

Yes...it is amazing sometimes what the E-Trac with it's FBS can see. It will magically pull coins out from some of the most difficult and most "hunted out sites". I have been jaw dropped by where it sniffed out coins and silver more than once. Good job!

Great testimony to what a multi freq silver sniffer can accomplish! Congratulations on those silvers WaveO! Looks like you have a whole new plan of attack!

Congrats on your success. The Etrac pulled several silvers out from some of my old spots.. I've found several coins on edge with mine.. HH

Great hunt! Congrats!

Thanks!

Awesome! When I had the Etrac the 12-45-12/46 always got my heart racing!

The silvers hit with perfect numbers. Since I'm so new to this machine I've been digging almost everything with a CO of 35 and higher. Many of the coins you see rang up with an FE of 1 for some reason. I only dug those because the audio sounded good.

I would say that the Peter Paul Mounds medal is Nuts, but, as we all know, Almond Joy has nuts, Peter Paul Mounds don't... :)

Nice finds! I love finding token/medal type things.

I love both! I always eat the almond first on an Almond Joy though.:lol:

As they say...”You ain’t seen NOTHIN’ yet”. Great start Wave!

Thanks! I can't wait!

That’s a lot of coins,nice saves..That Etrac sure don’t miss much,I’m glad your catching the bug.lol that poor vaquero might be catching a little dust though.

Thank you! It's nice digging a lot less trash now! The Vaquero will still be used for tot lots and when my girlfriend joins me on hunts. I've only used it once since you sold me the E-Trac.:lol:

Yes...it is amazing sometimes what the E-Trac with it's FBS can see. It will magically pull coins out from some of the most difficult and most "hunted out sites". I have been jaw dropped by where it sniffed out coins and silver more than once. Good job!

Thank you! I'm hoping I can wake up some of my old spots with a bigger and deeper coil. Although, it's been nice plucking some stuff out of the trash with the smaller coil.

Great testimony to what a multi freq silver sniffer can accomplish! Congratulations on those silvers WaveO! Looks like you have a whole new plan of attack!

Thanks Mud! My two day clad total is nowhere near any of your typical one day totals though.:lol:

Nice job!

Thanks you!

Congrats on your success. The Etrac pulled several silvers out from some of my old spots.. I've found several coins on edge with mine.. HH

Thanks! I'm hoping to find more silver and some of my old spots as well. Quite a few of the clad coins I found were on edge in areas I know I hit hard with my other detectors.

Big congrats on the silver. Looks like you're coming around the bend on the learning curve. What program are you using ? Etrac is a great machine and sometimes it just seems to amaze you and other times it frustrates the bejesus outa of ya. I have to say I'm still in the learning curve but the more time I spend with it the better it gets. We'll have to compare notes soon. HH Mark

The E-Trac was always my "Silver Slayer" when I had it...an incredible machine for sniffing out silver regardless of what the coil was swung over.

Congrats

So much beauty in this post! I'll pick just one: the Limerick Contest Merit Award. Reminds us of a bygone era, when radio was king. The great Depression was killing businesses left & right. This candy company pulled out all the stops in its survival strategies. They doubled the size of their Mounds bar, and gave cash prizes out to radio listeners at a time when cash was scarce. They were highly successful, as the story goes...
OK, one more...the side edge sliver shot of the silver dime? Genius! Love that feeling.

Well done with all the extra finds! Many of them have that deep old ground look to the it.

Thank you! The soil around here makes things look older than they are.

very nice - what setting are you using on the etrac?

Thanks! I'm using the stock relic mode in TTF.

Big congrats on the silver. Looks like you're coming around the bend on the learning curve. What program are you using ? Etrac is a great machine and sometimes it just seems to amaze you and other times it frustrates the bejesus outa of ya. I have to say I'm still in the learning curve but the more time I spend with it the better it gets. We'll have to compare notes soon. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! We definitely have to get together soon and compare notes.

Cool token and congrats on the silver.

Thanks Jam!

The E-Trac was always my "Silver Slayer" when I had it...an incredible machine for sniffing out silver regardless of what the coil was swung over.

Congrats

Thank you!

Thanks!

So much beauty in this post! I'll pick just one: the Limerick Contest Merit Award. Reminds us of a bygone era, when radio was king. The great Depression was killing businesses left & right. This candy company pulled out all the stops in its survival strategies. They doubled the size of their Mounds bar, and gave cash prizes out to radio listeners at a time when cash was scarce. They were highly successful, as the story goes...
OK, one more...the side edge sliver shot of the silver dime? Genius! Love that feeling.

Thanks for the kind words Foragist. Cool backstory as it relates to my mangled token! I learn something new everyday. I also bet candy tasted way better back then before they started highly processing everything. And I had to get the silver rim shot because it had been so long since I dug some silver!

Back
Top Bottom