Koss...bad head phone connection

DFX-Gregg

Elite Member
could anyone tell me the easiest way to fix this? Connection only works when I wiggle cord and push in. Might contact Koss..heard they have life time warranty?

Attachments

• bad headphone connection.jpg
    bad headphone connection.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 364
Id contact Koss before you try and fix it..not real sure about the warranty part. if they wont cover it maybe electrical tape? I had a pair of gray ghost do that and I wrapped the bad spot with tape for a quick fix and havent had any problems yet.

It might be easiest to just go to Radio Shack and buy a new jack for it--if that's the Koss that came with your SE, they're not too expensive anyway. I use Gray Ghost headphones, and they sound much better with the SE.

Yep, if you do not get it covered through warranty, then just buy a new jack and do some soldering. Because it occasionally works when you wiggle the cable suggests that the copper threads in one or both wires are broken . So you'll have to shorten the cable a bit.

Voriax

Radio Shack for new parts is the best idea. If you don't have the tools to solder on a new one, you could tape it up with electrical tape and then slide on a piece of shrink tubing and heat it up. The shrink tubing should keep everything tight.
Flapjack

thanks for the replies :)

Yes these are the koss headphones I use with the Explorer. Much more comfortable than the ones that came with the dfx. But I like the cord length better on the Whites headphones. I think the Koss could be slightly longer. Thanks again everyone.

Ive had the same problem Gregg with those darn headphones. The cord isnt long enough and it comes with a stright plug. Get the L shaped one like on your DFX. If they will fix them drop me a note... ill send mine in too.

This link might help: Koss Stereophones No-Questions-Asked Lifetime Warranty

The problem with those headphones is definetly that there is a wire that is broken and not making contact. If you don't end up sending it to Koss, a soldering job will fix it. Just clip the wires and resolder them.

Thanks will check out link... I just do not see the UR 30 headphones listed under the warranty products...but fingers crossed.

Ive had the same problem Gregg with those darn headphones. The cord isnt long enough and it comes with a stright plug. Get the L shaped one like on your DFX. If they will fix them drop me a note... ill send mine in too.

Will let you know send them an e-mail and asked today. Will let you know if they replied by Monday. I will be in Florida for five days that is why it will take till Monday to get back to you. My daughter has a cheerleading competition there.

How you use them...

May be better to not tell them that they are used for MD. It may become an issue. I think I'll call or write and ask if they offer a set more suitable for our needs. But the lifetime guarantee should still stand. Poor public relations would not make them a top seller.
Just because you aren't stating that you use them for prospecting doesn't mean you are lying to them.
I have the UR-29 model and they are great. Foldable aspect fits right in the armrest. Although they are perfect for late night movies, I will probably replace them for a set with a coiled cord and an L jack. Kind of curious about ones specifically designed for MDing
Marty

May be better to not tell them that they are used for MD. It may become an issue. I think I'll call or write and ask if they offer a set more suitable for our needs. But the lifetime guarantee should still stand. Poor public relations would not make them a top seller.
Just because you aren't stating that you use them for prospecting doesn't mean you are lying to them.
I have the UR-29 model and they are great. Foldable aspect fits right in the armrest. Although they are perfect for late night movies, I will probably replace them for a set with a coiled cord and an L jack. Kind of curious about ones specifically designed for MDing
Marty

Thanks they are comfortable but did not even last a season...

Guess I will have to call them! :( No reply at all second time I emailed them about this... Five days later and no response from customer service on warranty issue...

Back
Top Bottom