More Civil War brass I didn't know I had

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Hey all! Picked up a couple more bullets from the worked over construction site, along with this iron piece. It looks to me like a tent stake, any thoughts on that?

My best find lately came out of my scrap bin. A while back I had found a shoulder scale pan, which sat in my scrap bin for months until I saw one posted on a forum. Well, I had a bit of a deja vu moment when I saw a smaller brass piece posted online, which I also dug in the same field as the shoulder scale. It's the turn-key attachment for the shoulder scale. Cool! Here's a pic of some non-dug scales and how they were used.

There's a lot more story and additional pics on my blog. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• BULLETS1.jpg
    BULLETS1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 637
  • turnkey.JPG
    turnkey.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 518
  • scales.jpg
    scales.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 581
That's an interesting relic. I don't know or remember if I've ever seen one posted. Great pictures too. It puts it into perspective nicely. Congrats!

Thanks ya'll! Funny story- the same day I posted this, keex dug up a shoulder scale turn-key at his CW camp. It's posted over in his epically long thread. What's the chances, huh? :P

WOW! I have found those a couple times and threw them away!!! Tha small "key" piece... had nooo idea.

I think I have one of those. I'm sure I would have kept it and it's likely in one of my 'old brass' buckets. Nice find.

Back
Top Bottom