New Minelab Equinox

It would be cool if Minelab made the Equinox with icons or words on the screen for iron,foil,5 cents, pulltab,penny,dime,quarter etc. Just sayin.

NO! that is the worst thing they can do. That requires signals to be averaged and stabilized and "dumbed-down" to make those kind kind of responses.

You do not want your detector making those decisions. Look at the signal as raw as possible with all of its chirps, warbles, variations, etc. Those things give you a huge amount of info about what is below the coil.

Don't dumb down the detector, train your brain.

It would be cool if Minelab made the Equinox with icons or words on the screen for iron,foil,5 cents, pulltab,penny,dime,quarter etc. Just sayin.
I like the look of the designof the controlbox.. Would be even more awesome if it had a matrix display.

NO! that is the worst thing they can do. That requires signals to be averaged and stabilized and "dumbed-down" to make those kind kind of responses.

You do not want your detector making those decisions. Look at the signal as raw as possible with all of its chirps, warbles, variations, etc. Those things give you a huge amount of info about what is below the coil.

Agreed. Although I’m not enthused about a small segment of single numbers either, I know it’s a long shot, but the double number (ferrous, conductive) system works so well, I hope Minelab can shoehorn it in this package. The theoretical 1750 different combinations (35X50) gives us so much data. Guess we’ll just have to wait...

Well the "train your brain" was the battle cry 25 years ago but todays computers are far more accurate and much quicker. Computers deal in absolutes where the human brain still had doubts no matter how well trained.

Give me as many target ID segments as possible for the most accurate target ID.

I want a machine that can run dual frequencies at the same time with a coil with 2 different coils built within the same coil and different frequencies so you can have a smaller sniper sized coil and a wider search coil in one without having to change coils with the capability to run one coil at a time or both coils at the same time. Maybe a switchable battery pack system like 6 AA batteries at a time and a carbon fiber pin pointer holder because they are a nasty item to leave dirt on your hip from the stupid holsters that most provide. I doubt I would stop from dusk to dark.........:cool:

I want a machine that can run dual frequencies at the same time with a coil with 2 different coils built within the same coil and different frequencies so you can have a smaller sniper sized coil and a wider search coil in one without having to change coils with the capability to run one coil at a time or both coils at the same time. Maybe a switchable battery pack system like 6 AA batteries at a time and a carbon fiber pin pointer holder because they are a nasty item to leave dirt on your hip from the stupid holsters that most provide. I doubt I would stop from dusk to dark.........:cool:

That's a Intronik 2SF you described. Do not mistake it with Intronik STF

Sounds like a Whites dual field pi machine.

Nope don't want it dumbed down.

LOL.... Better too say. There are no mistakes about the price[emoji23]

Price isn't going to be the price rumor that was plastered all over the internet. It is to say there were mistakes involved after all.

Even if the EQ could be ready before the end of the year , do we really want them to feel pressured to release it sooner than it should ? If it takes longer , be patient and realize a little extra time refining should be a good thing.

My thoughts exactly. When it is released here in February or earlier in December It is winter here and of no use. I plan on buying in March after ski season ends.

no! That is the worst thing they can do. That requires signals to be averaged and stabilized and "dumbed-down" to make those kind kind of responses.

In a mere 10 years, you won't need to even go detecting. There will be a virtual machine from any manufacturer you choose that you will use from your computer. You go on the "Detecting" map they provide and locate where you want the machine to detect. You will give parameters like, "overlap", "speed", and all other detecting options like Gain, ground balance, tracking, etc. from home. You will select a total time of searching not to exceed human search time for that day. You will select, "DIG" or "DON'T DIG". The finds or not will be delivered to you UPS ground.

LOL!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

thanks for that link to the minelab site, its going to be a interesting machine. AKA wants 3000.00 and minelab wants 899.00 no brainer!

Back
Top Bottom