• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found several silver like blobs ???

deezdrama

Just got myself a Tesoro Vaquero and my son a compadre, we was in the backyard tonight running disc near max and I got a big hit, dug out about 6" deep is a large blob of metal that is extremely shiny if scraped with a knife.

Im still pretty much a noob, but a couple years ago with a bounty hunter tracker iv I pulled up several of these blobs from the backyard. I kept them to post online but misplaced them over the years.... well here I found another one.

I collect silver in all formats.... coins, rounds, bars, and other bullion.
I know its probably not silver but heavy and hard and shines like silver.
Its too heavy to be aluminum, too hard to be lead. What could it be?
It looks like a natural formation, if its slag or something it wouldnt be so shiny inside.

My house is from the 50s but there was a much older structure in the backyard, theres a depression that has an old brick foundation about 6" down and keep finding these near it.

Any ideas?
(files failing to upload...will keep trying)

Pictures would help but it sounds like melted aluminum cans. That's one of the most common finds posted by new detectorists. Anywhere there may have been a campfire is a good place to find them.

Cliff

Does it look anything like this?
28ec90fe10c75fd8a61c8631ff45ae6c.jpg

Cliff

Pictures would help but it sounds like melted aluminum cans. That's one of the most common finds posted by new detectorists. Anywhere there may have been a campfire is a good place to find them.

Cliff
Really?
I wondered about that, feels way too heavy for the size though and theres no porosity in it that you would expect.

Your probably right though lol.
thanks

Attachments

• 20171019_185900.jpg
    20171019_185900.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 20171019_185953.jpg
    20171019_185953.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 171
The other possibility is lead blobs from a plumbing job. Obviously, these would be heavy like silver. But it sure would be nice to find a true silver blob.

HH

Back
Top Bottom