Do you "carry" while detecting?

usaftrevor87

Just curious if anyone openly carries or concealed carries while out detecting? I've heard some horror stories or people been robbed and what not. If you do carry what do you carry?

I have my Concealed carry permit and carry a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser here in MN.

I was attacked while detecting in April of '08 and I posted what had happened back then. I know everybody is going to have an opinion on this but the day that feel I have to carry a gun in order to metal detect is the day I find another hobby.

I was attacked while detecting in April of '08 and I posted what had happened back then. I know everybody is going to have an opinion on this but the day that feel I have to carry a gun in order to metal detect is the day I find another hobby.

That sucks... I carry a big ole military knife...I "use" it for digging, but definitely has a secondary defense purpose.

bb gun an smith and wesson knife

I use this not much of protection but what else is a 12 year old suppose to carry?

Attachments

• 401BB.gif
    401BB.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,770
I don't typically carry the Walther but my lesche digger keeps interested people away from me. It's funny - since I started carrying my lesche no one seems interested in what I'm doing anymore. Best investment made for the hobby so far. It can also serve a wonderful secondary defense weapon.

I also use a slightly modified LESCHE tool

I had it put to the grindstone and re-tempered afterwards...It is sharper, and I have filed the teeth to make them sharper as well...Amazing what a nasty looking thing like a LESCHE can do to keep the public away from ya...lol
I would have no second thoughs about using it for it's secondary purpose if I was attacked or threatened...

HH,

I dont specifically carry mine for metal detecting because its on me everywhere i go. Its just like putting your wallet in your back pocket every morning for me.

I would but currently only own a Sig p229, which wasn't tooo bad to carry and conceal when I was 50lbs ago. Doesn't work so good with the chubbier version of me. I want to pick up something smaller pretty soon though.

Just curious if anyone openly carries or concealed carries while out detecting? I've heard some horror stories or people been robbed and what not. If you do carry what do you carry?

I have my Concealed carry permit and carry a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser here in MN.

I carry a Kahr PM9 loaded with some Remington Golden Sabre 124 grain +p. Fits nicely in the pocket. I have a 160 acres here on this homestead and have lost count of how many times I have had to pull it out and lead poachers and prowlers away. I have only had to shoot twice.

I stopped a homicide once in front of my house.

I have had 2 people pull knives.

I have had to stop a charging bear.

Its wild up here in Northern California.:)

Leaving the house without a gun is like stepping outside naked.:lol:

I would but currently only own a Sig p229, which wasn't tooo bad to carry and conceal when I was 50lbs ago. Doesn't work so good with the chubbier version of me. I want to pick up something smaller pretty soon though.

Take a look at the Glock G30.

I dont specifically carry mine for metal detecting because its on me everywhere i go. Its just like putting your wallet in your back pocket every morning for me.

^^^ Exactly ^^^

I choose not to be a victim. Trouble doesn't make an appointment.

I carry a Kahr PM9 loaded with some Remington Golden Sabre 124 grain +p. Fits nicely in the pocket. I have a 160 acres here on this homestead and have lost count of how many times I have had to pull it out and lead poachers and prowlers away. I have only had to shoot twice.

I stopped a homicide once in front of my house.

I have had 2 people pull knives.

I have had to stop a charging bear.

Its wild up here in Northern California.:)

Leaving the house without a gun is like stepping outside naked.:lol:

I would love to have my 9 mm S&W back. I sold it many years ago when we had a baby.

http://www.gunblast.com/Kahr-PM9.htm

Take a look at the Glock G30.

Looks nice, but I always have a problem with the huge assed grips on glocks, just not conducive to me shooting straight. Did they at least make it a stagger stack or single instead of double? I actually prefer .40 to .45, mainly because I have like 1000 rds already stockpiled for the 40 Sig.

Single stack G36, six in the mag and one up the pipe, 28.5mm thick. Add a mag extension for longer grip and plus one or two round.

The Lesche digger seems to work well for me too. I carry it so everyone can see it. I have been to quite a few parks in the seedier parts of town and no toubles thus far.

Glock 26 9mm. Everywhere I go detecting or not. Hydrashocks 17 round clips with extras. Don't worry Todd-s I got your back. Just remember the spire at spanaway lake park is where a nephew was murdered by gang members a few years ago. Read the plack on the bench there. You'll read his name. Best thing is always be aware of your surroundings and whats going on. WOLF

Heck...it's pretty bad when I read that some parts of the world you feel you have to carry a weapon on your person, just to feel safe. I'm happy to say that where I live, it's not quite the case. Anyhow, I usually always have my hubby and son close by, particularly in suburbian places. Otherwise I'm in the Aussie bush detecting, and pity help anyone that can find me!:yes:
Golden:ewink:

I have 28 years of traditional Japanese martial arts training (that is what my screen name and number beside it means) and a 4 1/2 year professional MMA career, but even with the training I have done, I still carry. My 40 cal Glock goes everywhere I go. I'm getting to old to "put up your dukes" haha

Burlbank, tell us of this charging bear stoppage with a 9mm. Not that it can't be done but it sounds like surgery in front of an oncoming train. When I shoot charging bears it's always with a .375 Holland & Holland at least.

Old Town

Back
Top Bottom