My First Hunt For The Year (2018)

beephead

Elite Member
It's has been a few weeks since I've been able to get out to do some detecting. It was either too cold, raining, frozen ground, being sick or had other things that I had to do. Well, I was really primed for this hunt and came out swinging in the light misty rain early this morning. It turned out to be a gorgeous day!

Right off around a old stump I unearthed a Rosie dime. Getting my first silver for the day took the pressure off, so I could relax and enjoy the ride. When I moved to the center of the yard I got what I thought was going to be a silver half dollar, but it turned out to be a sterling silver ST. Christopher pendant and necklace that was just a few inches down in the ground.

I'm on a roll! I turned my attention to grassy area between the curb and sidewalk. On my second pass and hitting the strip at a different angle I got nice high tone. It turned out to be a Mercury dime. I liked to have missed that one.

Satisfied that I gave the front yard a good going over, I proceeded to the backyard to see what I could find. Right off I got a good half dollar VDI number, but after digging the target it turned out to be a deep silver quarter instead. I'm way over due for a silver half.

I got strung out digging a bunch of clad coins, 7 wheat pennies and several toy cars, before getting a target signal that got my heart to racing. I just knew that I had finally cornered a silver half dollar. Nope, first out the hole was a clad quarter and the next coin out of the hole was my second silver quarter for the day. It just wasn't my day for silver half dollar. Tired and wore out I headed for the house to rest up for another hunt.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Nice outing Beephead! Picking up where ya left off with yet another pile o silver...

Congrats on a great hunt Beephead. I've been wanting to hunt but between the weather and my neck I haven't been able to. My doctor's nurse just called.. my insurance hasn't approved the surgery yet.. so tomorrow's surgery is on hold for now.. I may try to do some dirt fishing tomorrow if able.. Best of luck on your hunts..

Nice outing Beephead! Picking up where ya left off with yet another pile o silver...
Thanks! I'm sore as hell today! I'm paying for laying off too long from detecting.

Congrats on a great hunt Beephead. I've been wanting to hunt but between the weather and my neck I haven't been able to. My doctor's nurse just called.. my insurance hasn't approved the surgery yet.. so tomorrow's surgery is on hold for now.. I may try to do some dirt fishing tomorrow if able.. Best of luck on your hunts..
Thanks! I hope all goes well for you. Pop an Aleve, it works better for me than Advil does.

beephead

Looks like you are off to good start for 2018. Lots of silver, you might need help carrying all that back to the car. Congratulations

Thanks! I'm sore as hell today! I'm paying for laying off too long from detecting.

Thanks! I hope all goes well for you. Pop an Aleve, it works better for me than Advil does.

beephead
Advil works better for me, but can't take at the moment. We detected for a few minutes & found 5 wheats and a 42P war nickle. We'll go back after lunch and see if brother can add to his clad quarter

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

It's has been a few weeks since I've been able to get out to do some detecting. It was either too cold, raining, frozen ground, being sick or had other things that I had to do. Well, I was really primed for this hunt and came out swinging in the light misty rain early this morning. It turned out to be a gorgeous day!

Right off around a old stump I unearthed a Rosie dime. Getting my first silver for the day took the pressure off, so I could relax and enjoy the ride. When I moved to the center of the yard I got what I thought was going to be a silver half dollar, but it turned out to be a sterling silver ST. Christopher pendant and necklace that was just a few inches down in the ground.

I'm on a roll! I turned my attention to grassy area between the curb and sidewalk. On my second pass and hitting the strip at a different angle I got nice high tone. It turned out to be a Mercury dime. I liked to have missed that one.

Satisfied that I gave the front yard a good going over, I proceeded to the backyard to see what I could find. Right off I got a good half dollar VDI number, but after digging the target it turned out to be a deep silver quarter instead. I'm way over due for a silver half.

I got strung out digging a bunch of clad coins, 7 wheat pennies and several toy cars, before getting a target signal that got my heart to racing. I just knew that I had finally cornered a silver half dollar. Nope, first out the hole was a clad quarter and the next coin out of the hole was my second silver quarter for the day. It just wasn't my day for silver half dollar. Tired and wore out I headed for the house to rest up for another hunt.

beephead

Nice job, Beep. That's a KILLER first hunt!

Back
Top Bottom