bucket list find today

Jason in Enid

Elite Member
The weather finally warmed up the last few days and the ground is thawed again so I got out for a few hours of hunting. Picking up where I left off at my "hunted out hot spot" that gave me a bunch of silvers at the end of 2017.

As always, I was hoping for silver but it didnt come today. First find was a wheat cent so I was really hopeful. This badge came out early in the hunt but I could't read anything on it and didnt think too much of it. Once I got home and cleaned, I was overjoyed with what I had. I have been hoping to dig a chauffeurs badge for many years just because they are a cool piece of history and they dont get found often. Mine is from the very first year of driver's licenses issued in Oklahoma. I wish there was a way to find out who it was issued. That would be an awesome thing to track down.

license small.jpg

Awesome find indeed. I found one a few years back and would love to find more. Congratulations.

There has to be a record somewhere in the county courthouse or even DMV archives that would tell you who had that number. You’d have to find out who the issuing agency is and go from there I suppose...
Pretty cool historical find!
The fact your ground isn’t frozen is a bonus...

Very cool find! Beats a silver coin in my opinion just based on uniqueness alone! I agree with IDX...there’s gotta be a way to track down the badge number in some government archive somewhere. It’d be awesome to attach a name to the badge!

The weather finally warmed up the last few days and the ground is thawed again so I got out for a few hours of hunting. Picking up where I left off at my "hunted out hot spot" that gave me a bunch of silvers at the end of 2017.

As always, I was hoping for silver but it didnt come today. First find was a wheat cent so I was really hopeful. This badge came out early in the hunt but I could't read anything on it and didnt think too much of it. Once I got home and cleaned, I was overjoyed with what I had. I have been hoping to dig a chauffeurs badge for many years just because they are a cool piece of history and they dont get found often. Mine is from the very first year of driver's licenses issued in Oklahoma. I wish there was a way to find out who it was issued. That would be an awesome thing to track down.

View attachment 403838

Pretty cool, man!

That's a neat piece of history.

Great find! You might try to see if OK has a state library/archive where those old public records are kept (if they still exist at all). Good luck!

That's really cool and in great shape. It must have rung up big! On my detector, that may have hit in the 90's and I always sigh, expecting to yank a big piece of slaw out of the ground. I'd be thrilled with what you found!

Pretty cool

Yep, that's a pretty cool find. I found one in California, don't remember the year, but I was excited too for finding old history. I wonder what year, and model car he was driving back then?
HH everyone

I was born and grew up in Oklahoma but I never knew they had chauffeurs there. Is it the same as a taxi driver? It's a good find.

Nice!

I finally found my one and only chauffeurs badge a few years ago. Coins are all over while these are few.

Well, I would suppose in big cities they may be a more frequent find, but not in my part of Kansas.

Back
Top Bottom