***LOST California GOLD*** Go find it!!!

CoryTDF

Hey all!

While I was visiting California we stopped at at beach for the day. While there a man lost a very nice gold necklace with a pendent on it. I tried to find it for him but the tide was coming in and I could not come up with it. I did get a good signal in the area he lost it but I was completely wiped out by a wave and could not come up with it again after that.

It was lost on Tamarack State Beach Jetty about 75 yards north of the Jetty. I have been trying to ad a picture of the area to search but it's not letting me do it. PM me if interested and I'll try to get you more information.

Sadly, I did not get the guys name or contact information before I left so a return might not be possible?

....Sadly, I did not get the guys name or contact information before I left so a return might not be possible?

And a quick look at San Diego area Craigslist L&F shows no one has listed such a necklace lost, and any such location you describe. So it appears the guy didn't do a lost-listing there. Thus you're probably right : Gonna be impossible to find the guy.

But with your info, someone down there in that Oceanside/vista area should git their b*tt over there , and find themselves a nice gold necklace. Pretty durned good coordinates .

Assuming the fellow was correct, and knows for sure that's where it went missing. Sometimes people just assume that's where they lost something, simply because that's when/where they became aware that it was missing. Other times, yes, it's a slam-dunk because the person felt it come off in the roiling surf, or knows exactly where they set it down @ the zone of their picnic blanket area, etc....

good heads up. Wish I was still at my stomping grounds. would be a short drive. Plenty of quality MD'ists over there. It'll be gone in no time.

Hey all!

While I was visiting California we stopped at at beach for the day. While there a man lost a very nice gold necklace with a pendent on it. I tried to find it for him but the tide was coming in and I could not come up with it. I did get a good signal in the area he lost it but I was completely wiped out by a wave and could not come up with it again after that.

It was lost on Tamarack State Beach Jetty about 75 yards north of the Jetty. I have been trying to ad a picture of the area to search but it's not letting me do it. PM me if interested and I'll try to get you more information.

Sadly, I did not get the guys name or contact information before I left so a return might not be possible?
Hi Corey,
PM sent.

And a quick look at San Diego area Craigslist L&F shows no one has listed such a necklace lost, and any such location you describe. So it appears the guy didn't do a lost-listing there. Thus you're probably right : Gonna be impossible to find the guy.

But with your info, someone down there in that Oceanside/vista area should git their b*tt over there , and find themselves a nice gold necklace. Pretty durned good coordinates .

Assuming the fellow was correct, and knows for sure that's where it went missing. Sometimes people just assume that's where they lost something, simply because that's when/where they became aware that it was missing. Other times, yes, it's a slam-dunk because the person felt it come off in the roiling surf, or knows exactly where they set it down @ the zone of their picnic blanket area, etc....

In this case he had only lost it about 15 minutes before I talked to him. He got smashed by a big wave and it rolled him up the beach and it came off during the ordeal.

In this case he had only lost it about 15 minutes before I talked to him. He got smashed by a big wave and it rolled him up the beach and it came off during the ordeal.

That sounds like a slam dunk for an md'r to find. Sounds like you could isolate the exact spot. Then someone can detect there at the next minus tides (which are hitting the CA coast right now !!), and should have that zone accessible.

Assuming no major sand has come in or out in the preceding days, it should not be moved around, or too deep.

And as of today : Still no lost ad on CL in that geographic area yet. Maybe the guy has just written it off as a lost cause ? If so, send some local md'r there a satellite screen-capture, with circles and arrows. They ought to be able to get it.

I'm 6 or 7 hrs. north of there, or else I'd do it.

Ok guys , here you go ! I PMd Cory within 15 minutes of his post. Got a reply at 3pm , but didn't see it till 5pm. All he said was Good Luck. Lol. Anyways , I had planned on this beach last week as I know this location like the back of my hand. I was on the beach at 11AM. The whole time there was not 1 other hunter. 1st off , the beach talent was incredible. Could have been a Sports Illustrated photo shoot. I found 2 chains. 1 is a monster 40 grams. The other is a junker that was about 10' away. Lower slope , targets sink fast and were both about 12" down. Scanned the junker hole and there was another solid target. But I lost it. Pounding surf , sinking faster than I could dig. Possibly a ring or pendant , idk. Good thing my keys and phone were zip locked as I was drenched to my chest. It was miserably hot out. Ended up covering 2 miles of beach. But got so crowded I couldn't swing anymore and still be productive. It was a great hunt. I have not seen a pic of the lost chain/pendant. Nor will I be posting any other additional info either.....GL out there !

Ok guys , here you go ! I PMd Cory within 15 minutes of his post. Got a reply at 3pm , but didn't see it till 5pm. All he said was Good Luck. Lol. Anyways , I had planned on this beach last week as I know this location like the back of my hand. I was on the beach at 11AM. The whole time there was not 1 other hunter. 1st off , the beach talent was incredible. Could have been a Sports Illustrated photo shoot. I found 2 chains. 1 is a monster 40 grams. The other is a junker that was about 10' away. Lower slope , targets sink fast and were both about 12" down. Scanned the junker hole and there was another solid target. But I lost it. Pounding surf , sinking faster than I could dig. Possibly a ring or pendant , idk. Good thing my keys and phone were zip locked as I was drenched to my chest. It was miserably hot out. Ended up covering 2 miles of beach. But got so crowded I couldn't swing anymore and still be productive. It was a great hunt. I have not seen a pic of the lost chain/pendant. Nor will I be posting any other additional info either.....GL out there !

Dude! Sweet!

Weird, i typed out a whole explination with the date and time i was there so you could get the tides and whatnot. So, i'm guessing that never got sent. Sorry about that.

I found 2 chains. 1 is a monster 40 grams. The other is a junker that was about 10' away. Lower slope , targets sink fast and were both about 12" down.

Sorry if this is a redundant question but what detector do you use? I'm going to be upgrading from my Whites MXT some time in the next few months and being capable of finding a chain 12" down in salty wet sand... noice!

Sorry if this is a redundant question but what detector do you use? I'm going to be upgrading from my Whites MXT some time in the next few months and being capable of finding a chain 12" down in salty wet sand... noice!

Whites Dual Field. Hard to find a nice clean one anymore. And I'm a dig it all type , so alot of trash.

Wish i still had the two i had.

Not me, I hated that noisy machine. I Gave it away to my buddy Mike I disliked it that much....have to see if he used it.

I did upgrade it, not sure if I have pictures but I hooked up a ikelite fitting to it so I could run the excalibur battery and not have to open it up when it needed batteries.

That's the dang truth. I spent 20 minutes one day helping a lady in a park look for her ring that THREE different people swore they saw her twirling on her finger. She called her husband at home, to tell him about the loss and he told her it was on the nightstand beside her bed.

Sheesh...

People genuinely believe, and presto! it's in their brain like it happened.

But at the same time, I believe I can WILL gold into existence in a new park. LOL

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom