West Kentucky

Where at in western Kentucky Frank? I use to live across the river from Morganfield and still get down that way a few times a year.

Hello,

I live in calvert city. About 20 east of Paducah.

Frank

I've been in that area, over by Kentucky Lake. It's not real far from where I'm originally from, Gallatin county on the Illinois side of the river. We are usually down that way two or three times a year, if you ever want to get together for a hunt let me know and we can plan something. Should be some great spots around there.

I ate once at "Patti's" in Three Rivers. Holy cow what a place to hunt. Would love to spend a whole week down there. Lots of river history!

River History

I ate once at "Patti's" in Three Rivers. Holy cow what a place to hunt. Would love to spend a whole week down there. Lots of river history!

Hello,

I was a cook at Patti's for a few years. Never want to work there again. I must not be good at research, because I can never think of where to hunt, other than the local park and tot lot. What do you mean by river history, anyhow? If you could help me find a few new places to hunt, that would be fantastic.

Frank

What do you mean by river history, anyhow? If you could help me find a few new places to hunt, that would be fantastic.

Frank

I think he means Ohio River history Frank. As you know, the history on that stretch of the river is long and very interesting-pioneers, river pirates, Daniel Boone. Next time Gemmy and I are down home we’ll get together, we might have a few spots on the Illinois side to hunt.

I think he means Ohio River history Frank. As you know, the history on that stretch of the river is long and very interesting-pioneers, river pirates, Daniel Boone. Next time Gemmy and I are down home we’ll get together, we might have a few spots on the Illinois side to hunt.

Hello,

Thanks for the offer. I look forward to meeting you and Gemmy.

Frank

Yeah, KY has a rich colonial history - especially along the rivers. Ol' Huck Finn's travels were down the Ohio and Mississippi. Also, boats had a habit of tipping, catching fire and all sorts of other mishaps on the Mississippi river because it is pretty rough in some areas.

Btw, I love that pic. It's weirding me out.

Hey Sensei.. I'm from KY around Campbellsville. Go back home around E-town several times a year. Maybe we can all have a MD warparty out your way haha. I'd be up for (just as soon as I get provisioned!)

Hey Sensei.. I'm from KY around Campbellsville. Go back home around E-town several times a year. Maybe we can all have a MD warparty out your way haha. I'd be up for (just as soon as I get provisioned!)

E-Town is one of the spots we always hit when home. Gotta get my Ohio River catfish fix at the restaurant there, best cat you can get anywhere and the sweet tea kicks butt. Lots of family there as well.

Let me know... I just bought an MD and am ready to rock n roll :-)

Next time we get down that way I'll let you know. We hope to go before summer is over, some great places to detect and need to get my catfish fix, but have really be busy lately.

Patti's and cave in rock

HMMMM, Patti's. Good food, great deserts.

On the Kentucky side, from Cave In Rock, IL, not to far from the shore, there was pirate activity. Guy who owned the Inn on the Illinois side had a house, or, business on the KY side too, which he used to scope out potential victims and convince them to stay in his Inn on the IL side. Should be good stuff in the area.

West Ky

Im in paducah havent found much some clad ,junk.dont go much ,dont liketo go by myself

E-Town is one of the spots we always hit when home. Gotta get my Ohio River catfish fix at the restaurant there, best cat you can get anywhere and the sweet tea kicks butt. Lots of family there as well.

!!!!!!!

I fell into a necro trap :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Somebody toss me a rope!

Back
Top Bottom