Fisher F5

Highrisk

If anyone is using or has used this unit I have a few questions..thanks

How good is the numerical ID on the F5? And one other thing; I've read in several places that Fisher is not the Fisher of old. They've been bought out? and the new detectors are not of good quality. Is there anything to this rumor?

I like the looks of the F5 screen and I'm in the market for a mid-price ID unit. I don't need one, I just want to explore other maker's products.

Thanks, OT

How good is the numerical ID on the F5? And one other thing; I've read in several places that Fisher is not the Fisher of old. They've been bought out? and the new detectors are not of good quality. Is there anything to this rumor?

I like the looks of the F5 screen and I'm in the market for a mid-price ID unit. I don't need one, I just want to explore other maker's products.

Thanks, OT

The hype about Fisher not being good quality is BS.
I have owned detectors from all the top detector companies and the Fishers, (First TX) quality is just as good as any other manufacture out there and even better then some.

The hype about Fisher not being good quality is BS.
I have owned detectors from all the top detector companies and the Fishers, (First TX) quality is just as good as any other manufacture out there and even better then some.
Compared to the so called "real Fishers", the First Texas products are not made as well. I'm not saying they don't work but they are not built like the old Fisher tanks.

Compared to the so called "real Fishers", the First Texas products are not made as well. I'm not saying they don't work but they are not built like the old Fisher tanks.

Look at older model detectors from any manufacture and you can say that about most of them.

Almost everything isn't built as well as it used to be. PERIOD.

At least you guys like the Tesoro brand if your avatar is any indication. I like my Vaquero and use it at work to find nails in wood before sawing and at the local schools. It's a coin killer.

OT

At least you guys like the Tesoro brand if your avatar is any indication. I like my Vaquero and use it at work to find nails in wood before sawing and at the local schools. It's a coin killer.

OT
lol
I am not brand loyal and like several brands.
I have a Tejon, a couple of Fisher's, a T2, and a White's..

I've got the F5, and it's a great machine once you learn to use it. No complaints about build quality, either. I've asked numerous people who claim that the build quality isn't as good as some other brands, and they can never seem to give me anything beyond "it just feels cheaper". Oh, really? sounds like they're just broken records of what they've been told about the brand since changing ownership.

The F5 is a great coin/relic machine and is pretty light-weight. It goes pretty deep (I've found wheats at ~8"), and the ID is pretty much always right. If it isn't right, it's because I didn't interpret the readout correctly (i.e. shaky 68-72 for dime coming out as a copper penny; a real dime will be a lot more steady 69-70, but that's me not having learned the machine enough yet).

Back
Top Bottom