Tesoro VID?

Old Town

moved on...
I own a Vaquero and like it a good deal. Have never used a Tesoro display detector before. How do they stack up against other more popular machines from Whites or Minelab? I recently picked up an Etrac and have not been overwhelmed. It's very good but not much better than an old MXT Whites I had years ago. The Vaquero has good depth, the full equal to my Etrac, but it is a beep and dig. I have come to like a display and I'm now interested in Tesoro.

Thanks, Old Town

I have owned & used about every Tesoro except the Cortes and I liked them all very much (except the Golden µMax - I didn't care for the multitones). I have used the DeLeon which is a display detector, I found it ok but nothing great. I have talked to quite a number of people that has been in the hobby along time and they tell me the Cortes isn't that great of a detector, they say it isn't very deep and is way over priced. If I was going to get a display detector I think I would look for something other than a Tesoro, and there isn't many people that like Tesoro more than I do. Steve.

Don't hold your breath waiting on a new TID model to be released by Tesoro. The Cortes is VERY good at identifying coins. But like every detector, jewelry is beep dig. Most of the experienced old coin finding Etrac guys rarely look at the TID and go mainly by tone. Plug in a good Etrac program and I think you have the TID machine you are looking for.

PM Sent

Thanks all. I'm always looking at something else. I've got the Etrac and several other detectors. I've also got The Disease. I have to try everything even if it's perceived as a step down. When I buy a new detector it's like all my old hunting areas are new. If only in my mind.

OT

Hey OT,
having the DeLeón and the mxt, and I prefer the DeLeón over the mxt. Less weight, more depth and very sensitive.

IMHO

Back
Top Bottom