Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Gatt

Ok i been at it for a few days, and seem to be doing ok finding rusty medal, and nails. But no coins, went to 2 parks tonight and still no coins. I have been messing with the Sensitivity, and Disc nobs but still can't find the sweet spot for the coins.

Normaly I do about 3/4 of the way on for sensitivity, and all the way for the Disc. I have tested it on coins I have and it does beep for them, but the tone for a quarter ,a penny, and a dime are all the same. Should they be? the only different tone I get is from a nickel and some forigen coins I have. I can block out the nails, and that but not sure if I should. Any tips/hints?

The tracker IV is a good little unit, but don't expect to much depth out of it, it is not a deep unit. Now to find those coins what you want to do is turn the sens up until it becomes unstable then turn it back just a little bit until it becomes stable again. Now turn the disc knob about at the 11 or 12 o'clock position, you will dig some trash here but it's part of the hobby. Put it in tone mode and start swinging. Swing slow, and take your time, you will find coins when the coil is put over them. The tone mode is a easy thing to master, the low tones are nickels and junk and what not, like pull tabs, the good coins are the high tones, the broken tones are always junk, but listen to your detector, you might get a high tone with a broken tone, it could be something or not. You just never know. Keep at it and you will learn it in no time, just try to remember when you dig something what the tone was, so next time you know if you want to dig it or not. Hope this helped out a little. Talk to you later.

Ty, that does help alot. I am getting the tones down, I just wasn't sure if they had different tones or not. but seems I might be doing it right. thanks a bunch.

I use a BH also, and have found some really great stuff with it. The very high tone is always silver or a quarter/dime. The zinc pennies sound kind of 'squaky' and the copper ones are a clear good tone. Nickels and junk are dead low tone, and aluminium is a broken low tone. If you decide to dig the dead low tones you will find more nickels and pull tabs, but that's where the 'gold' lives too, so DIG IT ALL! Good Luck. : )

Here's a little trick I used when I first started. Throw a nickel on the ground, put it in dual tone mode, while swinging over the nickel adjust your disc knob clockwise. First you'll get hi tone, then it will change to dual, then it will go solid low, stop just when you get to solid low. Now pennys dime and quarters will be hi, trash will dual tone, and nickels will be low. This makes a good starting point. From there, you may have to tweak the disc a little for your soil conditions.

Then to get the hang of coins. Just dig the signals that pinpoint strong and tight. People can say what they will about the TIV, But for plain old clad coins it is probably equal to just about anything out there.

Good luck!

I run mine in tone mode with the sens. at about two or three o'clock and the disc. between 11 and 2 o'clock. I'll adjust it a little based on where I'm hunting (trashy areas, etc...) but I always keep it generally in that range and it doesn't let me down. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom