Bounty Hunter Gold Digger

Peejay

Hi. Very keen to try to find some nuggets around my farm - others have came on and found nuggets albeit, quite small. One said the only decent detector for small nuggets is a Fisher Gold Bug, very expensive here in NZ.

I see adverts for Bounty Hunter Gold Diggers and quite cheap. Are these at all comparable to a Gold Bug or are thay so far removed that I shouldn't even consider one?

They are far removed from the gold machine you need.
The gold bug or whites goldmaster2 or Vsat all good machines,
The whites I have used and with the 50Khz freqency they really nail about any piece of gold out there.
Fairly cheap and usually 250-300 US dollars.
I suppose you could allways dry wash for it as well, you can find enough small gold to sell and buy a detector.
Good luck to ya.

I note in the sales sheet that they can be fitted with a 4' coil - don't know much about detectors yet but wouldn't a smaller coil be more 'concentrated' and pick up small gold and perhaps make this a better machine - or am I on the wrong track altogether?

A smaller coil doesnt mean it will find smaller items, it might separate better but it is not what you need.
You need to find gold and more then that "Raw Gold" Takes a sensitive detector with a high operating freqency or short of that allot of power neither of wich that detector has. Pure gold without alloys added takes a sensitive detector.
Really you shouldnt even consider it. If there is gold on your ranch you would have better luck dry washing for gold then to use that detector.
But thats just my opinion, an educated one... But just mine.
You need at least a whites, fisher or the like.
in short you need to spend twice as much minimum(and buy used) to have a chance.
What I wouldnt give to search your Ranch:yes:

Thanks Intoit - you have explained really well. Most of the gold on our farm is in small gaps (cracks) in the rock along the banks of a creek although I guess there must be some in the gravel along the banks. If I scrape these crevices with a screwdriver i have found a couple of small nuggets (grain of wheat size) but this is very time consuming. A guy came on with a detector a couple of years back and left with a matchbox half full of nuggets after 2-3 hours - this has got to be easier!

I will invest in a decent detector. Our dollar is very poor against USA at the moment, I may wait a couple of months and import a Whites or Fisher from USA if things improve. Thanks very much for the time taken to answer it is really apreciated.

Cheers

My advice is free as it should be. You have water there, thats another plus.
You can make a simple sluice with corigated black ABS drain pipe cut in half.
Once cut in half to about 4 feet you can feed a flow of water into it somehow, be it at home water or in the field if your able to pump or manipulate the Creek. Just make a 30 or so degee angle so it flows
Then just shovel dirt into a bucket from suspected area`s that may have gold ...Take the bucket the the top of the sluice and hand feed it in slowly.
Let it rince a few moments till it clears , you can use a magnet to clean out any iron and then use a sniffer bottle and clean out the fine gold and pick any nuggets out by hand(tweezers).The black plasic shows the gold easy.
If you have gold of any size on your land you have allot of fine gold , more actually then big nugget size gold.
You will find it more profitable to use a sluice or drybox(or other inginious inventions) if its anything like mountain gold Ive found.
There are allot of options for prosessing soil, Ive only named 3 I have used but there are allot of ingenious ways I have run across with searching.
I would try googling starting with gold panning, sluicing , dry hoppers Ect.
When you cash in your fine gold then go out and get a minelab SD series.
It is really what you need.
I`m hoping you get rich:yes:
Here`s the very last nugget I dug before I sold my goldmaster..
Dug at about 4 inches with a solid signal!!
Picture938.jpg

Back
Top Bottom