Value of a couple foreign coins and buttons?

Paper

Elite Member
Trying to get rid of some stuff I don't actually like; these are not metal detecting finds. What could I realistically get for this lot?

DSCN7783.jpg

DSCN7784.jpg

DSCN7785.jpg

DSCN7786.jpg

Not much, find some kids that want to start coin collecting, good luck with that.:lol:

Thank you! Should have clarified, not looking to make big bucks I'm debating between eBay and donating to a thrift store. I'd have to clear $6 on eBay in order to not lose money on shipping+fees... do you think it's more or less than that?

Looks like the kind of coins you find at a coin dealers or in a coin show in a box of loose coins marked 5 for a $1.00 . I keep a bunch , shine them up and give them to kids that come up and ask what i am doing. Their eyes light up and you think i had just gave them pirate treasure. Sure look a lot better than the discolored coins i pull out of the Missouri dirt.

I scrap the foreign brass and copper coins unless really old.
Magnetic coins go-to trash can.
Mexican coins go-to my coworker.

Thank you! Should have clarified, not looking to make big bucks I'm debating between eBay and donating to a thrift store. I'd have to clear $6 on eBay in order to not lose money on shipping+fees... do you think it's more or less than that?

I’ll give you $15 for the lot.

Wish I had seen this! I sold them all on craigslist for $5. I tossed in about 50 chuck e cheese tokens too and those seemed to go over better than the buttons lol. I'm just happy someone else got to enjoy them.

Untitled.png

They got their moneys worth with the 50 Chucky Cheese tokens :laughing:

Not really valuable, but a nice far-flung little collection of almost exclusively obsolete coinage. You've even got period correct "tuppence" (two pennies) on hand to feed the birds à la Mary Poppins. And the little aluminum one with the hole in it is particularly interesting in that it was banged out for the former French colony of Indochina (Vietnam, etc.) during the war by the Vichy Government (the Nazi puppet regime). Again, not particularly valuable, but you certainly don't see those in coin shop 5-for-a-buck bins very often.

Back
Top Bottom