Any ideas?

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
old stake of somekind stake.jpg

Any sawmills or anything that would use some sort of railroad track setup? Smaller guage railroad of some sort possibly.

There may have been. Land has been in family for about 60 years so its probably older than that.

The land behind my house is criss crossed with remnants of narrow gauge railroad lines that were used to log the land. The logs were loaded onto the flat cars and taken to the sawmills. The spikes that I find are considerably smaller than regular railroad spikes. From research, the last line was torn out in the 1910's at the latest. You might have an old logging or mining camp nearby as most were made near the tracks, at least in my area.

Doug

I literally found something that looked EXACTLY the same in my backyard.. my stepdad and I determined it was junk and its sitting in my junk pile outside haha.

No railroads near here at all, although that is what my stepdad assumed it was

I agree it looks like a railroad spike but smaller. May have been used on a rail system for logging. Im in coastal sc so there is no kind of mining here.

That looks like the metal spikes used to hold the black plastic edging in place around flower beds/landscaping ect.

Back
Top Bottom