My first find of my career

adiroit

387835_10150663952230620_590725619_11996547_1729798623_n.jpg

377034_10150661186215620_590725619_11978234_370436476_n.jpg

My step-dad got me a detector for Christmas, and this is the first day's haul of stuff from my backyard. We have about 2 acres of land, and my whole road used to be a plantation back in the day, and we still have a couple fruit trees that we still use.

Just wondering if there is any idea about the gun, or the couple random small items (I understand more detailed pictures might be needed, just wondering if anyone has any ideas).

Edit: Added another photo, I'm guessing the "X" shaped thing is just a piece to a necklace which serves no purpose? Just felt like showing everything I've gathered from about 1/10th of my yard.

My uncle came up today for breakfast, and showed me all of his finds. He hunted an area near our house in the 1980's (Langhorne, PA) that used to be an old carnival way before that. He had dozens of coins from the 1800's and some cool tokens which said the name of the carnival. That's beside the point, but he mentioned that my bracelet with the colors on it, and the necklace (that's in the upper right of the picture) are both silver.

Wow...great finds for just staring out! My first few weeks, I was happy with pull tabs!! Sounds like you've got a great spot....and you didn't even have ask permission!!!! Doesn't get any better than that :grin:

my stepdad was shocked at the things i found in our backyard! he thought id find a couple cool things but he never thought I'd find so many coins and stuff. Found like 3 wheaties (i guess that is what you all call them?).

He didnt understand that its not smart to rinse them off with water and scrub it with a toothbrush? (not entirely sure, but thats what we did).

To be honest though, it's the first "hobby" that doesn't involve a sport or a video game that I find interesting.. and could go do it for hours everyday. We saw a few elderly gentlemen doing the same thing at a park we went to, and they seemed genuinely happy to see someone of my age (21) that was as passionate about it as they were haha.

A lot of my friends think its corny, but to me it's all about the thrill of the hunt, you never know what you will find. I'm still looking for someone that would be interested in talking to me on a more personal level in regards to some questions I have (being a newbie and all).

Like, I dug up a lot of things regarded as "iron" and they were all nails so I got discouraged and turned that setting off. Also I don't understand why certain like old soda cans, will give off readings that fit into like 4 different categories before I dig it up.

(I have the bounty hunter platinum, which I've read a lot of people don't like.. but being a beginner I don't think I should nit-pick things like that)

Back
Top Bottom