More farm finds! (and no more puppy)

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Just a couple quick pics of some nifty things I've found in my after-work farm hunts. this is in addition to the pocket-watch back, ornate tin badge, and carbine sling buckle that I've posted in the ID threads recently. Not too bad from my back yard! :D

Pic 1:
Copperish handwheel
Really cool bronze(?) hinge
Button (see below)
1945P nickle (from the Alamance Battleground hunt)
Mason jar liner, "Boyd's Genuine Porcelain Lined Cap"
Broken old style key
Interesting copper thingie
Bullet casings. The coolest one is the little tiny "32 S&W R". I think they're mostly newer.

Pic 2:
Closeup of the back of the hinge, showing a stamped number - "235?"

Pic 3:
Front of the button. Any idea of age?

Pic 4:
Back of the button, reads "Waterbury Button Co."

Thanks for looking!
PS- Just found out that the puppy from the last "farm finds" post does indeed have an owner who's looking for him. So he'll be returning home shortly! It was fun while it lasted :)

Attachments

• june 27 finds.JPG
    june 27 finds.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 455
  • hinge number.JPG
    hinge number.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 438
  • button front.JPG
    button front.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 441
  • button back.JPG
    button back.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 436
Thanks for the help! I don't think it's that one, though. Some of the front details don't look quite right, and the back is wrong. I'm thinking it's this one:
link
If that's it, looks like it can still be ordered through their website, I guess I'd have to use the back to date it? I'm thinking WWII sounds right.
Thanks!

Last edited:
On second thoguht, the heigh-width ratio on the shield doesn't look quite right for that button... so confused!! :-P

You're right. The tail on the one I sent you looks like a different "fan out" too. I can't tell by your picture if there are stars around the perimeter or the little "line" things (which I assume are also stars) like I referenced.

Keep looking and let us know!

NebTrac

He's still with us right now, but we saw his "lost dog" ad yesterday and emailed the owners who are looking for him. So as soon as they get back to us they'll be reunited!

Back
Top Bottom