North Georgia (Athens) Area?

AthensHunter

I just ordered my first "real" detector--the Ace 250 (through a lot of reading here, heh, seems that everyone's got one)--and would like to meet up with a few other North Georgia hunters to learn the ropes a bit. I've been using a cheap detector my dad bought a few years ago to find underground pipes and wiring when building on our land, and it's pretty finicky to use unless you love digging up cans, pull-tabs and old fencing. It's limited in features and inconsistent, to say the least. I'm really looking forward to the discrimination on the 250.

Anyway, I'm a student here at UGA (Go Dawgs), so I've got a lot of free time. :grin: I decided to take up metal detecting mainly due to a growing interest in history. I'm not looking to get rich (thought it would be nice), and I certainly don't expect to find gold or anything (wouldn't complain, however), but would like to get into collecting whatever I find. I've found a few areas in Athens to search, but would really like to find some older lots and areas to detect. I've done a fair amount of research, but find it difficult to find specific areas; something tells me I may have more luck talking/hunting with some other seasoned members.

I'm up for driving an hour or two if I have to, as I know that North Georgia has a lot of quality land to detect. If you're in North Georgia, by all means send me a message and maybe we can work something out! :)

Welcome to the forum! The little Ace is a good choice

Thanks!

I got a pretty good deal on the Ace, got the detector with 2 coils and 2 coil covers for $200.00. Not too bad...made it easier to pull the trigger. Can't wait to use it. :)

Where is your home? I have relatives in Winder not to far from athens. I live in stockbridge. South of atlanta. Most likely you need to get away from athens. Some of the old 2 lane country roads. Look for where there used to be a house. Then ask at the closest house who owns land. Maybe they do and will let you hunt. Larry

Welcome from New Jersey !!

Welcome and HH!! Ace is a great machine ,you will do good!!!Also it helps to get Garrett pro pointer ,saves a lot of time:):yes:

WELCOME! Try the “stickies” at the top of this section and also the clubs sticky at the top of the Clubs, Hunts and Event section of the Forum. “Stickies” are the threads with the thumbtack symbol next to them and usually at the top of each sub-forum.

Back
Top Bottom