Need help with Omega 8000?

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Looking for some help or ideas on a smaller coil that will fit the Omega 8000. Wife uses the unit in trashy parks. I do not see alot of feedback on that unit and coil choices.

Thanks for you help,
AFMIKE

I've never swung an Omega 8000 but the best choice for trashy parks is probably the Teknetics 5" DD. I would get a Fisher/Teknetics lower rod and hardware to make changing back and forth easier.

Ya thats what I was thinking and the only thing i could come up with..lower rod is a must I bet.

I've got a 4" for my Tesoro, a 5" for my Minelab and a 4x6" for my White's. The smaller coils do really nice in trash. I have no preference, the smaller coils all do well.

I've never swung an Omega 8000 but the best choice for trashy parks is probably the Teknetics 5" DD. I would get a Fisher/Teknetics lower rod and hardware to make changing back and forth easier.

I would have to agree the smaller coil will do wonders in the parks. The omega8000 is probably one of the most underrated detectors out there. For the price and the level of performance it is a very good detector. I own one myself and will not part with it.

Let me know if you have more specific questions or need help.

Andrew
N.E.D.

Back
Top Bottom