Day 1 - CW got the Largie, but I got even! TRIME!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Great first day knocking in Ohio with CW, Two Tone Joe and a Chicago digger. First couple knocks were a bust, but third, fourth and fifth were awesome.

Third knock I got two Barber dimes, a GW, 2 Indians and a couple Indians.

Fourth knock was the nice Sterling ring, the junker ring and the really cool Sterling Bird Pin plus wheats.

The fifth knock was an 1830-40 home in a corn field. CW took about 5 swings and called us over to check his first signal and it was nice. He pops an 1855 Large Cent. I do some cussing because that was my number one bucketlister.

10 minutes later I get a signal a little less than a zinc penny on numbers,
but sounded sweet. I cut a deep plug with Sampson. Pinpoint target and pop out the target. Tiny small silver disc...no way...I pick it up and I’m shocked...1852 Trime baby! CWs number one bucketlister. We both got a good laugh outa that.

Great time and lots of fun. Can’t wait for day two!

19f94afa2f41a513bce2263543443946.jpg

7b6915bd8cb81ad6ea7675b3a97bc39e.jpg

98f31425a11b6e7969c56da843f66abb.jpg

d60c1a2f540e2dad259da3e6d67afa92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRIME TIME is a FINE TIME for some SHINE TIME! Really nice Barbies too, I love Barbers. That is some sweeeeet coinage for sure, but that Bird, haha, that bird is the show stealer, haha. Make one happy just looking at it. Good hunting there for sure.

Wow! That’s awesome! Congrats man... Trime is way better than a LC any day!

Wow! That’s awesome! Congrats man... Trime is way better than a LC any day!

Thanks Wyo! Made my trip.

TRIME TIME is a FINE TIME for some SHINE TIME! Really nice Barbies too, I love Barbers. That is some sweeeeet coinage for sure, but that Bird, haha, that bird is the show stealer, haha. Make one happy just looking at it. Good hunting there for sure.

Lol! That bird is crazy. Nice poem!

That's a picture perfect place to hunt! Congrats on the great finds!

Thanks NCtoad. This area of Ohio is amazing.

Awesome finds! That trime is a rare bird to dig. Good luck with the large cent quest. I hope you find a bunch!

Congrats to you all on some super finds. Jerry a Trime is also on my wish list and now you are on my envy list. Maybe day two will bring you that Largie. Regardless you have already have a very successful adventure and made some cherished memories. Looking forward to the next report. Trapper

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! As I grit my teeth congrats

Congrats on the LC 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Congrats to you all on some super finds. Jerry a Trime is also on my wish list and now you are on my envy list. Maybe day two will bring you that Largie. Regardless you have already have a very successful adventure and made some cherished memories. Looking forward to the next report. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. That Trime was completely unexpected. I think Vic thought I was having a stroke when I realized what that tiny shiny disc was, 🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom