I hit 50 FTY today!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
A couple days ago, I dug silver coin #47 for the year; a mercury dime. Also got that cool silver ring topper that day. Today, I did some more curb strip hunting, and got some goodies. Five wheat pennies, a lead toy soldier, an ugly ring topper, a cool button, a pocket knife, a Rosie dime, and in one hole, the GW quarter with another Rosie. This brings my silver count to 50 already! Big number for me! I was really happy to see the reeded edge of that quarter shining in the bottom of a 5 inch deep hole of very black dirt. Been a while since I dug a silver quarter. I put the plug back, stood up, and rescanned the spot. I knew immediately I missed a silver dime down there too. Yep. Nice!
The soldier toy and the knife broke during cleaning. My bad.

Attachments

• DSCN8425.jpg
    DSCN8425.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN8442 (2).jpg
    DSCN8442 (2).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN8448 (2).jpg
    DSCN8448 (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 191
Great job! I also stopped at curb strip after work and got a 41 Merc . Your bucket lister is coming soon .:D Still haven’t updated yet due to issues with laptop.

I'm smiling for you Blaise. Still got some time to play before the white stuff puts us out of business. I knew that fifty would be easily made target goal for you. So are you going to double it for your next years goal? Any way congrats on the 3 Silver coins and all the rest in attaining your reset goal. You have earned a celebration. Trapper

Congrats on 50, that's a great accomplishment
Thanks Big T. A few years ago, I didn't have any silver goals, and wasn't really going after it. Back then, five was a big number for the year!

Great job! I also stopped at curb strip after work and got a 41 Merc . Your bucket lister is coming soon .:D Still haven’t updated yet due to issues with laptop.
Dude, you're on fire up there! I'll be looking for that B-lister. Thanks.

I'm smiling for you Blaise. Still got some time to play before the white stuff puts us out of business. I knew that fifty would be easily made target goal for you. So are you going to double it for your next years goal? Any way congrats on the 3 Silver coins and all the rest in attaining your reset goal. You have earned a celebration. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. Your rabbit's foot smile means a lot to me. :grin: I set my goals as I go...less pressure that way. Right now, my goal is 51 :lol:

The quarter is a 1950 S, but the mint mark is funny looking. That year there were some with an S on top of a D. Mine looks more like a damaged S, but maybe it is an S over D? This is the best scope shot I got:

Attachments

• DSCN8456.jpg
    DSCN8456.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 142
Way to go on the FITTY SILVERS! 50 is a great total, and a few weeks left in the detecting season should bring you more.

Awsome little hunt, them curb strip can produce for sure, I like the soldier and the button best, but I'm weird like that. I have never dug a soldier yet, but its on my bucket list for sure, haha.

“My goal is now 51”.....:lol: Right? On New Years Eve I am starting a thread for a Wisconsin silver FTY count from ALL HUNTERS COMBINED! I know there’s 600 silver coins FOR SURE from 4 hunters alone!! We know who the major contributor is(ahem...TRAPPER) but still,we have been doing VERY WELL overall! To have guys who just kick it into gear whenever they can says a lot about interest in the hobby and it also says that the more you know,learn,practice,persevere....the more successful you will be. Being a blue collar man,I respect work and what it has done for me(no respect for what it’s done TO me though:lol:).
That’s a nice number to hit,especially when there are no real expectations. A lot of people’s expectations are based solely on chance,I don’t like that. Knowing where to go,that you have a great machine,that you have confidence in how to run said machine....I like basing expectation on the work I’ve done. You can now do the same Forage, because you’ve EARNED it.
Congratulations on a great season so far.

Nice job! I’m hoping to find 2 more to make 60 but I haven’t found silver for a month!

I hope to hit 50 before the year ends as well, I should really start hunting curbs. I've tried ok nce or twice and didn't find ANYTHING, so I guess I just gotta learn how to read them first. Congrat on the nice assortment of goodies!

Congradulations on hitting fifty .
I keep thinking about how much harder these little saves are to come across.
I also question my own comment each year to hunt down a good batch of them.
A good batch is a matter of perspective I guess .
I would say 15 is a good batch ..
But 50 is a heck of a year!!!!!!
Congradulations again👍
Dew

Way to go on the FITTY SILVERS! 50 is a great total, and a few weeks left in the detecting season should bring you more.
Thank you. I'm already at 51 now. Dug a curbstrip Merc today.

Awsome little hunt, them curb strip can produce for sure, I like the soldier and the button best, but I'm weird like that. I have never dug a soldier yet, but its on my bucket list for sure, haha.
Yes, it did turn out to be a good hunt. The soldier is the first lead one I've dug. I'm going to hot glue him back on his feet for display. Thanks!

“My goal is now 51”.....:lol: Right? On New Years Eve I am starting a thread for a Wisconsin silver FTY count from ALL HUNTERS COMBINED! I know there’s 600 silver coins FOR SURE from 4 hunters alone!! We know who the major contributor is(ahem...TRAPPER) but still,we have been doing VERY WELL overall! To have guys who just kick it into gear whenever they can says a lot about interest in the hobby and it also says that the more you know,learn,practice,persevere....the more successful you will be. Being a blue collar man,I respect work and what it has done for me(no respect for what it’s done TO me though:lol:).
That’s a nice number to hit,especially when there are no real expectations. A lot of people’s expectations are based solely on chance,I don’t like that. Knowing where to go,that you have a great machine,that you have confidence in how to run said machine....I like basing expectation on the work I’ve done. You can now do the same Forage, because you’ve EARNED it.
Congratulations on a great season so far.
RESPECT! Thank you! I keep thinking about actually doing some real historical research to locate some sites too. For now, it's just reading the locale, and doing the grunt work. I love it! I'll have a number to add to your post at years end. Current goal: 52

Part of a cap gun too! Man congrats on 50!!!
Nice hunting! I kinda like that ring topper(?)
Thanks Sweep. I like that silver ring top too. It has Taxco Mexico 925 stampings. The inlay is some unusual swirled goldstone with inner sheen. Like a simulated tiger's eye.

Nice job! I’m hoping to find 2 more to make 60 but I haven’t found silver for a month!
Thanks Tom. If your that close to 60, then a month without is a long time! GL on your slump breaker!

I hope to hit 50 before the year ends as well, I should really start hunting curbs. I've tried ok nce or twice and didn't find ANYTHING, so I guess I just gotta learn how to read them first. Congrat on the nice assortment of goodies!
Thanks! With curbstrips, it's like they're just laying there "almost" in plain sight! I bet you have some KILLER curb strips over there!

Congrats on the silvers!
Thanks T-lord!
50 FTY is quite an accomplishment! Nice work on those curbstrips!
Well, if nobody else is gonna grab 'em, I will! This town has been worked over hard, but I keep finding stuff they missed. Thanks Mud.
Congradulations on hitting fifty .
I keep thinking about how much harder these little saves are to come across.
I also question my own comment each year to hunt down a good batch of them.
A good batch is a matter of perspective I guess .
I would say 15 is a good batch ..
But 50 is a heck of a year!!!!!!
Congradulations again👍
Dew
Thanks Dew. This is pretty much a whole new level of detecting for me this year. Lots of improvements are showing results!

Back
Top Bottom