Female Detectorists on the Forum

I think that we only have like five women on here.Thats terrible that someone would bother them with nonsense.I wish that more women would pick up this hobby and these people are makeing it hard for them to enjoy the hobby.My wife hates it and my girls are on the fence about it.I'm trying hard to convert my girls to MDing and don't want any nonsense for them if they plan on joining this site in the future.

We have more like 500. But as soon as they're disrespected they leave.

So, yeah, there's about 5 active right now and there should be more. Sad! :(

wow, this is sad... There are other sites out there to meet girls and this is not one of them! Lets stick to our hobby and have fun boys!!! Its nice to see the ladies enjoying the hobby like we do... Don't mess it up for them!

You know this whole thing makes me so mad that I want to go kick a bull right in the sack, just to see what happens next. There seems to be no shortage of men willing to put their family, reputation and freedom at risk. These guys are online predators and shouldn't be allowed to be a part of our friendly community. In my book these guys are on the same level as a Pedophile. My advise to my fellow female diggers. Do not let these whine tit crybaby mamby pamby stalkers chase you away from the hobby or this forum. Take a stand and report the idiots. Humiliate them into retreat and expose them for who and what they really are! Wake up FMDF... :mad:

We have more like 500. But as soon as they're disrespected they leave.

So, yeah, there's about 5 active right now and there should be more. Sad! :(

Who ever it is, must of gone way way beyond a G-rated conversation, not smart on a mostly family and general public forums.

I'd just prefer to smack someone upside the head for being inappropriate than bothering to reason with them.

I hope more women will come back, because, men and women communicate so differently and we have to hunt differently to stay safe, and usually have less time to hunt, being busy taking care of our men, kids and most with a job on top of that.

It's not like most women can run down to the tot-lot while hubby cooks dinner or gets the kids ready for little league:lol:

So sad, but it doesn't surprise me, in today's world creeps are everywhere including friendly forums like this one where we can ask, give, and research advise on such great hobby.
HH
Jim

That's just unfortunate and pathetic. But given that metal detecting is kind of a solitary hobby, I can see that some lonely wierdos might think of this as a dating site to find their "soulmate" when they strike out at the pocket protector forum.

Carol, I hope that you, the mods and admins are giving the offenders a well-deserved beatdown when this occurs.

That's just unfortunate and pathetic. But given that metal detecting is kind of a solitary hobby, I can see that some lonely wierdos might think of this as a dating site to find their "soulmate" when they strike out at the pocket protector forum.

Carol, I hope that you, the mods and admins are giving the offenders a well-deserved beatdown when this occurs.

Trust us... we are on top of this issue...

Unfortunately most of the ladies don't report it. They just leave, and we find out "after-the-fact"

I don't know why that is, but then it's too late.

So, don't run them off! Sometimes I feel like I'm alone here. :bighanky:

Unfortunately most of the ladies don't report it. They just leave, and we find out "after-the-fact"

I don't know why that is, but then it's too late.

So, don't run them off! Sometimes I feel like I'm alone here. :bighanky:

Carol, I hope that you keep a list of the offenders just in case, because it is disturbing to think that these same types might be at the totlots and playgrounds that list might be helpful in the future.

What's wrong with meeting chicks at church? Those are the kind you can take home to mom.

I would venture to say those who say church isn't a place to meet people have never been to a church recently. It's not what it once was. Speaking as someone who worked maintenance at a church for 5 years. You would be surprised at what it's "really" like when you're a fly on the wall!!!

Those chicks at church are there for a reason. They have been very bad and need redemption

Carol, I hope that you keep a list of the offenders just in case, because it is disturbing to think that these same types might be at the totlots and playgrounds that list might be helpful in the future.

Yeah, I have a list, but most have exited the forum on their own.

Glad you're here Jo ann! Done anymore digging in your garden? :D

Yeah, I have a list, but most have exited the forum on their own.

Glad you're here Jo ann! Done anymore digging in your garden? :D

No, haven't dug in the garden since harvest, mding cured my withdraw from gardening, but now that the ground is freezing, ... I think I'll catch up on art and music. Maybe go through the penny jug and look for wheaties.:grin:

Terry you're the best!

Terry is my hunting buddy! If it weren't for men like him, I'd leave too!:lol:
He has been a great mentor and was very kind enough to lend me his Lobo.
I hope that those men have learned their lesson and will respect the women here. I'm sure they have now that it's been addressed and know what is inappropriate.

It's been brought to my attention that there are members that are sending PM's to our ladies on the forum, and making comments that do not belong on this forum.

We have a rule against this "hitting" on our female members.

Everybody wonders why we don't have more female detectorists on the forum. Well, we have a lot, but after they join and post, and guys find out they are a girl, they don't give them the same courtesy as the male members of the forum, and they leave.

So, I'm warning you now that you better behave yourself. :mad:

I had to change my Avatar because the female members (yes more then one) were hitting on me! :grin: Is their any rules on that! I hope NOT! :laughing:

I had to change my Avatar because the female members (yes more then one) were hitting on me! :grin: Is their any rules on that! I hope NOT! :laughing:

haha, same thing here! i had that pic of James Bond holding an MD and i had to take it off. (as i would honestly look like him.... not!) :umno:

:back2topic: there are sites on the net for every kind of conceivable topic and this site happens to be for metal detecting. for the persons out there looking for something else, try using google and i'm sure you'll get a list of whatever it is that you're looking for.
i think it's pretty clear that the inappropriate "stuff" won't be tolerated on here. :police:

Back
Top Bottom