14k....

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
First chain of the year.......22.7 grams and the ring is 7.2 grams. Not shown was another pairs of Ray bans and a busted cell phone. On a roll with those Ray bans....like the 4th pair for the year.

I found the chain first... about 4" down with a very solid tone.... no one would have missed it. Then i thought surely there was something on this chain. So i started looking for the cross. About a foot away i got a weak IRON ton that would break..... about 7" down i snagged it. IF i hadnt been looking for it there is no way i would have found it. I dont post very often but the 23K and this seemed like some good ones to show off. Well i believe i about paid for the EQ.:lol:

Attachments

• 20180121_122148.jpg
    20180121_122148.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 390
WTG DEW! Awesome score and you deserve it! Wait a minute you are at the beach not sure if you deserve it but I am happy for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to move to Florida for the Winter. I spent 4 hours at my favorite beach yesterday. The best find was one clad quarter. One clad dime and 15 felix pennies were my reward for working over 3 city blocks of beach.

Congratulations on that Beautiful Yellow Stuff.

:kingdances: you are a happy man with resuslts like that ,bigtime congrats great finds im still looking for my 1st gold chain WTG!! Dew :D

I found the chain first... about 4" down with a very solid tone.... no one would have missed it. Then i thought surely there was something on this chain. So i started looking for the cross. About a foot away i got a weak IRON ton that would break..... about 7" down i snagged it. IF i hadnt been looking for it there is no way i would have found it.

HUGE congrats - you scored BIG!!!!

Would like to know...... you mentioned weak iron signal.... lower than the standard nickel/gold range??? Solid in iron??

GL & great start in 2018

Rob..... yes more Iron than cond tone..... kind of like a bottle cap the way it would break up. But i dig enough of these junk signals to know..... things can change after a scoop of sand is removed. Didnt think to look at the screen to see where it was falling since i was in AM looking for anything that beeped at that point.

George.....we have so much sand now all the troughs are just gone... outer sand bars have moved to the shore.

Thanks guys.....

Three Stunners! Great write up regarding that deep cross signal...thats very helpful advice for folks to evaluate a find and focus on the extra points!...gives a guy the shudders thinking whats out there that is muted...

Mud..... those crosses can really sound bad..... and 10k, they are just tuff to even find. Actually the chain suprised me..... it was just that good of a tone. I think we pass up a lot more that we know. I know an older lady that uses a 6" coil on a CZ .... she doesnt cover much beach.... but sure does come up with a LOT of gold. Sometime we just cover too much sand to fast looking for recent drops..... this time of the year for me, its slow down time and look for more of the deeper stuff.

Dew you killed it! Lots of gold color sure makes for a great day!

Mud..... those crosses can really sound bad..... and 10k, they are just tuff to even find. Actually the chain suprised me..... it was just that good of a tone. I think we pass up a lot more that we know. I know an older lady that uses a 6" coil on a CZ .... she doesnt cover much beach.... but sure does come up with a LOT of gold. Sometime we just cover too much sand to fast looking for recent drops..... this time of the year for me, its slow down time and look for more of the deeper stuff.

I don't know why you say 10k is harder to find Dew.. 10k usually has more copper in it as to the chain a detector doesn't see the entire chain.. it see's either the clasps or 1 link at a time. My friend found a 92 gram chain and he told me it sounded like garbage but he digs it all.

Those scores you made are very nice... ;)

Back
Top Bottom