Nice to Find Gold Again!

:dingding: You are much braver than me to tackle rough surf! Glad to see you got rewarded for your efforts.
Thanks Felix, Not braver just more stubborn. ;)

Congrats on the gold.
Thanks Dog, Nice to see gold in the scoop again. :yes:

Awesome George ! You kicked Butt ! I thought the same thing when i went to my local beach, when i got there i seen some 5 foot cliffs and was like oh yeah its on im going to have one hell of a tired digging arm :cool: well not so much :( i found a few coins but they were hard earned, i got one ss prayer ring and a silver Crystal earring, pretty dismal, about a hr into my hunt they stated to come in droves :laughing: i seen at least 20 detectorest going over the same spots, one guy had the nerve to run literally run :laughing: up ahead of me in my obvious grid zone to cut me off as i looked at him like really man there's not like 3 miles of beach here or anything :p he decided to continue to cut me off and hunt maybe 20 feet in front of me with his dual field leaving me more work as i was covering up his big ol holes :no: he was obviously a newbie but had yet to learn his beach etiquette :no: oh well i moved outta there quick as i was tired of that and hit a old spot i go to from time to time (and its been some time) and managed a another ss ring Hooray :p well better than a kick in the butt or staying home wishing i went detecting lol ;) but im glad the conditions moved some sand im hoping for some more of that real soon =) GL&HH George Happy For You Brother, you been looking hard for it :cool:
Thanks Romy, Well, my digging arm and the rest of my body was pretty sore on Sunday or I would have gone back. I left the house at about 3:30 am on Saturday and didn't get home until 8:00 pm.
If I saw 20 people detecting on my beach I think I would have gone to another spot. I never saw more than 1 other hunter at any of the 6 beaches I stopped at (in the wet sand or water that is). I did see that club hunt you told me about but they were all hunting for planted targets in the dry sand. It was bizarre to see them at it while treasure was being washed out of 5 foot cuts 100 feet away. :?:

awesome Gold find George... Keep on swinging!
Thanks LT, You are farther south right? Was there no sand moving south of North Orange County? :?:

That's a great hunt with a nice 14k! I often wonder when the water is not to bad then it gets ruff if the surf gods know I'm near gold and trying to stop me.:shock:
Thanks OBN! Funny how sometimes you work your tail off for nothing and other times the gold is easy to find. Usually, it's like someone here has said, "The harder I search, the luckier I get."

Congrats

On the gold, charging up my equipment now, it's nice here today, a afternoon hunt with the dog will be fun, even in the off season, happy hunting , Earl

Nice ring! Looks just like my wedding band lol!
Thanks Tom, Yours and thousands of others. :lol:

Nice hunt George! Congrats on the 14k white! I could be wrong but looking at the hallmark on that ring it looks like it could be made by Stuller. :cheers:
Thanks Slim, You must have done well this weekend? :?: I'll have to check Stuller out. The hallmark kind of looks like a dollar sign. :yes:

Boy those are some big flat beaches y'all hunt out there...People dont understand about walking 10 beach miles swinging rig and looking for sign...About the toughest form of hunting there is...

Thats a solid money ring you got there Geo, you earned that one!...Cheers!
Thanks Mud, The wind and blowing sand made it challenging on my left eye since it still gets easily irritated from my surgery 5 months ago. My sunglasses helped until it got dark so I popped out the right lens so I could see and left the other lens in to protect my eye. I'm sure I looked like a freak out there but there was no one around to see me. :lol:

Beauty of a band! Congrats!
Thanks GS, Yes, heavier than I suspected! :D

Thank you!

Those are the ones that really make you feel good, when you had to fight the water to get it! Great job Congrats! :cool:

Glad to hear you kicked Neptunes rear.:cool:
Well, It was the other way around- just picked his pocket as he was walking away. :roll:

Congratz on the gold!
Thankz twizzerlord.

Nice one man!
Thank you Z!

On the gold, charging up my equipment now, it's nice here today, a afternoon hunt with the dog will be fun, even in the off season, happy hunting , Earl
Thanks Earl and good hunting!

Those are the ones that really make you feel good, when you had to fight the water to get it! Great job Congrats! :cool:
Thanks Irons, It also seems to eliminate some of the competition who don't want to get wet. :yes:

Nice hunt George! Congrats on the 14k white! I could be wrong but looking at the hallmark on that ring it looks like it could be made by Stuller. :cheers:
I do believe you are right Slim- Thanks! :yes:
https://www.stuller.com/

George, typical great hunt my friend, and well deserved....
Jerry
Thanks Jerry, I do believe I made some bad decisions on this hunt but it worked out well and I learned some things. :yes:

Good job on the gold ring! Looks beautiful!!

Atpro dude
Thanks Atpro dude, It was a sight for sore eyes. I think it was 3 months since my last gold! :yes:

Nice Compass!
Thanks V!

Congrats, she's a beauty.
Thank you MoBob, I was beginning to forget how great it is to see gold in the scoop- nice surprise! :yes:

looks like a lot of digging but that ring makes it all worthwhile- congrats
Thanks joe, Yes, I was using the Dual Field PI so I was doing a lot of digging. At one promising beach I wish I had the Excal but I was too far from my car to go back and switch. :no:

Back
Top Bottom