rechargable batteries

shen13

What are the best rechargable batterys you can get for AA's
I guess which ones have held up the best overall...
When you start using several detectors the batterys start getting pricey//
I have a charger but the batterys are several years old...

What are the best rechargable batterys you can get for AA's
I guess which ones have held up the best overall...
When you start using several detectors the batterys start getting pricey//
I have a charger but the batterys are several years old...

One word.....ENELOOP

Eneloops are the standard in the industry for the AA rechargeables. A smart charger like the ones mentioned above will help you get the most out of them. I use eneloops a well as tenergy AA with the eneloops having the edge in performance.

I agree with the people above, Eneloop is the way to go. I use a Lacrosse BC-700 smart charger and the usual eneloops. I just ordered these high-capacity ones to use in my Sovereign GT but haven't tried them yet so I can't report good or bad. Links below.

http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-Technology-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393156493&sr=8-1&keywords=la+crosse+charger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LTJJJA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

+2

Eneloops are low self-discharge, meaning you can let them sit around without using them, and they stay charged. If you metal detect least a few times a month, you will probably charge your batteries more often, than the low self-discharge will make much difference. You can get higher capacity, and a lower price on other brands.

Fast chargers, and timer based charger tend to cook your batteries over time, reducing their useful life. Battery companies like this, so you continue buying batteries. A smart charger will get you years of use out of rechargeable batteries, well worth the investment, especially if you have other electronic devices you want to go rechargeable. Overcharging is one thing that kills rechargeable batteries, smart chargers eliminate it. The other thing that kills these batteries, is over-discharge. With disposables, we naturally want to get full value out of them, before the trashcan. We run them down, until they no longer power our devices. Rechargeables like to be charged, better to keep them topped off, than to let them go completely dead.

Rechargeables will probably never compare to alkaline, for runtime comparisons, or price. They will same you a lot of money over time though. I don't hunt more than 2-3 hours in a day, mostly weekends, and get more than a month between charges. Have never had to swap out batteries during a hunt. Usually charge them when the meter gets about half way. Should easily last several full day hunts.

rechargables

I bought my AA,s from radio shack , somthing like twelve years ago and just had the first one go bad . we used them in our buissness walkie talkies for many years and the last three they have done metal detector duty . I have about 15 or 18 batteries so I just keep an extra set charged and in the truck I love them and I think I get fifteen or eighteen hours per charge.

Back
Top Bottom