Anyone Swingin a whites MXT? Depth Infos

pulltabdiggin

6X10 DD coil

I've found In relic mode I only get about 7- inches on a dime with disc all the way down, Gain on 9, ground balance of lock, airtest.
When I turn up the gain to Plus three,Same disc, same ground balance, I can get about 9-10. Its chattery at that point but worth the depth.

Is this typical of this machine or do need to send er in for a checkup?

I Think I'll be running It on plus 3 for a while to try it out,

6X10 DD coil

I've found In relic mode I only get about 7- inches on a dime with disc all the way down, Gain on 9, ground balance of lock, airtest.
When I turn up the gain to Plus three,Same disc, same ground balance, I can get about 9-10. Its chattery at that point but worth the depth.

Is this typical of this machine or do need to send er in for a checkup?

I Think I'll be running It on plus 3 for a while to try it out,

I swing the mxt but use the 10'dd instead of the 6x10dd coil. Typical of these machines to be very chatty when pushing the gain at +3. I use mine for relic hunting and pull cw bullets anywhere from 9-12' deep. Not sure if you have the book called 'THE MXT EDGE' by Jeff Foster but it's worth getting, will be lots of stuff to help you get more out of your machine. H/H.

Oh one more thing does the relic mode differ from the coin and jewelry depth wise?

Definetly a few inches more depth on relic and silver comes in higher and less jumpy vdi. I just realized this a few days ago after toying with it.

Ground balance is in lock on the airtest.

The ground isnt hot, Illinois soil.

I have the 12 Inch coil I need to check how that one does depth wise.

With the 6X10 coil and Sen. at 9 you are doing ok. You can push the Sen. up until it gets unstable (if it does) and get a little more from it. What you need to remember that the 6X10 in. coil is only 6" wide. The width of the coil is where most of the depth comes from and not the length. Length mostly helps in ground coverage.

I would say that there is nothing wrong with the machine or coil.
I have never noticed enough diffrence in depth between relic and coin modes to make me prefer one over the other.

I look at the two different modes as only being different in the way it reports the targets and depth being a result of gain and ground ballance given the same ground conditions.

Sure others will disagree but thats my two cents worth.

Ok well first I agree there should be no difference in the relic mode vs. the coin mode... Depth should be the same...
Second I had to read you post again and realized you were testing a dime, so the smallest American coin... How about if you test a dollar? Do you get to the 12 inches mark? If so your machine is find, I ask about the dollar since my local coins are much bigger than a dime.

Silver fades out at about 6-7 inches ,but in relic, the silver will not fade out till 8 or 9 inches

In my experience, if you tune your ear to the MXT you'll find that C&J is a smidgeon deeper that Relic or Alt Relic mode, but not as deep as Prospecting mode. However, you do need to tune your ears as running the MXT hot in C&J is noisier than Relic mode. This is because Relic mode uses a much slower SAT speed than C&J.

This is NOT a "how deep" thread, but shows you a shallow gold find that Relic mode would not pick up because of the slower SAT (yes, I did go over it again in Relic mode to confirm it didn't pick it up).
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7196

Rudy,

Based on the SAT being slower in Relic mode, should we slow down the swing speed that much more if using that mode?

Thanks!

In my experience, if you tune your ear to the MXT you'll find that C&J is a smidgeon deeper that Relic or Alt Relic mode, but not as deep as Prospecting mode. However, you do need to tune your ears as running the MXT hot in C&J is noisier than Relic mode. This is because Relic mode uses a much slower SAT speed than C&J.

This is NOT a "how deep" thread, but shows you a shallow gold find that Relic mode would not pick up because of the slower SAT (yes, I did go over it again in Relic mode to confirm it didn't pick it up).
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7196

mxt

this is my second season with my mxt i have been using the relic mode most of the time with the toggle forward for disc. i dont slow down the swing in any setting . i mostly look for coins and bling and think i have done quit well.

Rudy,

Based on the SAT being slower in Relic mode, should we slow down the swing speed that much more if using that mode?

Thanks!

Not necessary. You only need to slow the swing if there are too many targets close together, or you are using a small coil.

Back
Top Bottom