Think I just discovered "hot rocks"

Dut

Never knew what everyone was talking about but searching a gravel drive way I kept getting hits that I couldnt pick up with ProPointer. Time after time I would pull a rock that looked like a smooth river rock and when waved in front of MD would cause it to beep...

Thats about as annoying of a target as I have found so far. :mad:

I get the Hot Rock target readings and have long ago ignored them. Sometimes they they start to read like a good target but suddenly read Hot Rock. a lot like a piece of iron will read like a dime or quarter then from another angle will read iron.
There are so many reasons we get certain readings and we can learn most of the time a target is junk testing in a certain way before digging but some times that isn't perfact and we pass on what could be a good find near junk or deep enough to read junk.
It is said so often " you will never know what it is until you dig it up" I think we become competive and want to have the highest count we can get. People say no but theire actions show they are competitive. I am sure there are many that just enjoy the hobby like they should but there are those who just think they enjoy their hobby.
M6 Mike

i kept a hot rock for scanning to tune my ears before i go out...my driveway is full of them....and my back yard is full of junk car parts so it takes a decent detector to not drive me mad...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom