1992 Silver dollar

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine found this a few days ago at a local baseball field.Imagine that,modern silver dollars being found now.1992 walking silver dollar,found with a 705 ,he said it rang up a solid 46....Congrats Gibbs

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 504
Hope it's real ,get back when ya know for sure . Like Black Rain said a lot of reports about them . GL. ,,,,.HH

Great find! My buddy just bought a dozen of them at spot. Same exact design but uncirculated rounds. Good thing about those walkers are they aren't 90% :yes: happy hunting!

Hope he didn't buy them off of eBay....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not eBay fortunately, place is riddled with counterfeit numismatic items. I believe his say .9999 silver on the bottom of the reverse though, not "pure silver."

Last edited:
Fake or not

Check to see if a magnet sticks to it. Get a magnet off the refrigerator if you can't find one. If it doesn't stick, it's silver. Oh, and .9999 is pure silver and it should weigh 31.1 grams. Good luck.
HH everyone

That sure looks like a real American Silver Eagle. I carried one as a pocket piece 'till I gave it away. That was a great find!

Yes they are fakes everywhere now..got my buddy for $300 in fakes

are the fakes the same silver content? There is a reason why most Chinese jewelry silver is 999 and the gold.is 999. A fake and real are the same value. No ridiculous mark ups such as Cartier

That sure looks like a real American Silver Eagle. I carried one as a pocket piece 'till I gave it away. That was a great find!

Yep! I think its a good find! Its only lately that Silver has been going up...since 2008 or so...It was a very economical thing to buy back in the 90's...I could see some Grandpa giving one to little Johnny for a birthday present, trying to explain the value of real money etc!:laughing: then he loses it on the field!

are the fakes the same silver content? There is a reason why most Chinese jewelry silver is 999 and the gold.is 999. A fake and real are the same value. No ridiculous mark ups such as Cartier
No the fakes are not the same silver content at all.....otherwise who would care?

There is no incentive creating a counterfeit in silver of the same content, there's not much if any profit margin. Unless it's a key date, or rare coin.

"It rang up as a solid 46", on my macro racer and Whites machines it would have rang up at least double that, suspicious, dunno about other machines.

Don

Look up American silver eagle. Looks like it too me. Not counterfeit. But don't understand the low number on your Macro silver should have a good high number in the mid 90's

Back
Top Bottom