First silver coin for 2017

Coleminer713

Elite Member
Had a few warm days here in Minnesota so thought I'd make the most out of them. Still frozen after about 2 inches but some spots are more dig-able. Hit curb strip in front of girlfriend's house and found little over 2 bucks in clad and my first silver of the year, 1943 war nickel. Scratched the heck out of the front though, was about 4 or 5" deep and in the frozen dirt and I didn't know it was a nickel, figured another pop tab, so I really gouged it prying it out. Oh well, silver is silver and it's just a war nickel so...:lol:

Attachments

• 20170320_135201.jpg
    20170320_135201.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 327
  • 20170320_135138.jpg
    20170320_135138.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 317
Congrats on # 1 , Tough hunt in the frozen , but Spring is on the way, ,,,,,HH

Congrats on # 1 , Tough hunt in the frozen , but Spring is on the way, ,,,,,HH

Thanks! Yeah I just had to get out lol, didn't really expect to find anything old so that was a nice surprise. Had to leave quite a few nice deep high tones for spring thaw though

Nice job on the first silver. I also live and hunt in MN and understand the ice and frozen ground issues.

Nice Job! I got out for the first time also a couple days ago and found an 1893 indian head penny about 5 inches down in the frozen ground and like you managed to chop it out! This weather should thaw the ground, looking forward to next week! Good luck!

Sweet ! War nickels are great surprises .
There is about a bucks worth of silver in that thing .
Congrats on number one . A few more inches of frost comming out of the ground and your off to the races 👍
Looking forward to the future reports .
, Dew

Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it! Highs in the upper 40s here today and 50s for the rest of the week so I should be back out in no time!

Back
Top Bottom