I had to buy a Merc...

critik

Ok so i absolutely love the looks of the Liberty Dime(merc), And as much as I want to find my first one I went ahead and bought one for a dollar from the pawn shop. Just to have in my Collection. But that does not mean it is not top on my list right now. I am STILL on the hunt for the precious Merc!!!

Here is a picture.
IMG_20170327_105244-750x450.jpg

Beautiful! Thats the thing with this Sport!...A guy can diddle around trying to find a Wild silver, or simply go out and find some totlot money or empty cans and BUY one!:laughing: Its WAY more efficient hunting clad to convert to silver coins than to go out and try to find them!

I guess its the 'challenge' to get one from the wild?? Like a duck hunter tells himself? The duck hunter guy gets up super early, has a boat, motor, decoys, dog, calls, nice Shotgun, waders, clothing from Cabelas, a DU membership, a great big frigging truck to haul it all in, sets up a blind....For to kill a damned duck? No mathematical sense!

Yeah....a dollar worths of totlot clad converted to a Merc? Definitely hands down the better expenditure of your resources..Well done!

Beautiful! Thats the thing with this Sport!...A guy can diddle around trying to find a Wild silver, or simply go out and find some totlot money or empty cans and BUY one!:laughing: Its WAY more efficient hunting clad to convert to silver coins than to go out and try to find them!

I guess its the 'challenge' to get one from the wild?? Like a duck hunter tells himself? The duck hunter guy gets up super early, has a boat, motor, decoys, dog, calls, nice Shotgun, waders, clothing from Cabelas, a DU membership, a great big frigging truck to haul it all in, sets up a blind....For to kill a damned duck? No mathematical sense!

Yeah....a dollar worths of totlot clad converted to a Merc? Definitely hands down the better expenditure of your resources..Well done!
Exactly Clad gave em 3 quarters and a couple dimes lol but still nothing beats that rush of seeing something shiny sticking out of a plug mmmmmmmmmm :) Like I said it is still on my list to find. And i fully understand the duck thing sooooo true it is hilarious haha!!

Thanks guys

-Darrin

Exactly Clad gave em 3 quarters and a couple dimes lol but still nothing beats that rush of seeing something shiny sticking out of a plug mmmmmmmmmm :) Like I said it is still on my list to find. And i fully understand the duck thing sooooo true it is hilarious haha!!

Thanks guys

-Darrin
And to answer your ? It is the challenge and the rush of excitement to find wild silver or that old coin that has not been touched in decades.

And to answer your ? It is the challenge and the rush of excitement to find wild silver or that old coin that has not been touched in decades.

I know! I love the chase as well, but as a guy gets older and starts figuring the numbers... It just come into full perspective realization of what my time and money and skills are worth.....When a guy sees a Copper River Salmon slab fillet at Sams Club for $10! And I can get a $2 pineapple even? A Slab of Pizza or a $1 hot dog? What am I doing wasting my time diddling around with a damn boat?

Most of those Sams Club hotdogs havnt been touched in decades either!...just squirt on the mustard and pop them into your piehole! Comparatively and economically, Wild Mercs are easy! Try popping a Walker Half down your piehole! I've done it, and I can say, its a lot easier coming than going.....laughing:

Attachments

• salmon 1.jpg
    salmon 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
but still nothing beats that rush of seeing something shiny sticking out of a plug mmmmmmmmmm :) Like I said it is still on my list to find. And i fully understand the duck thing sooooo true it is hilarious haha!!
Thanks guys
-Darrin
Amen !!!! I have a sack of Silver dollars I bought years ago, and a few halves I bought this winter from my clad money, but absolutely nothing beats my couple mercs or the silver dollar and half dollar that I spent hundreds of Dollars finding :digginahole:

I went out and bought an LC for the exact same reason and from my experience you should be finding your first Merc any time now.

Well if that's how it works I should be finding my walking liberty's half any day now. I bought a few Franklin and liberty halves within​ my clad this winter and just found my first franklin half so that liberty has to be coming soon.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Good Purchase. You spent a buck worth of clad and acquired a dime worth more than the clad. I like the year also. That year means a lot to me.

I would've sent you a few free of charge...
Why thanks man no need tho I know it is coming. Verrrrry soon

I went out and bought an LC for the exact same reason and from my experience you should be finding your first Merc any time now.
I feel like it is coming aswell i really do.

Good Purchase. You spent a buck worth of clad and acquired a dime worth more than the clad. I like the year also. That year means a lot to me.
I know was a decent deal they had standing and sitting they are very large coins beautiful also. I did not ask how much tho

I've been converting a good portion of my finds, for the last two years, into an 1800's typeset, in a Littleton Archive album. I'm down to just three coins. Draped bust quarter, Draped bust half dollar, and Draped bust Dollar. The last two coins purchased were $100, and $500 (Draped bust Penny, and Draped bust half-dime, respectively). At some point, it takes a LOT of clad to convert! LOL

It'll be fun when the collection is done though, especially since all but two coins will have been purchased with metal detecting money! :)

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom