New to me Gerber-Applegate

booker

Forum Supporter
Picked this up today at a pawn shop. Overall length is 10ins
001-33.jpg

Hi Richard. They were asking $44 I offered they $30 and the gal told me $35 including tax:D Put didnt have a sheath. You still do leather work?How long you had yours ?

I've had mine a couple of months. It doesn't have the double edge point. I've had the small one for several years because I couldn't afford the large one at the time. I'll check and see if I have some leather and I'll try to make you a sheath. I might even have something that will fit it. The original sheath isn't leather. It will be this week-end before I get a chance to do anything.

I wanted one ever since they came out over 10years ago but way too much money. No hurry Richard. They came with the black heavy material for sheath if I remember right

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the sheath. They are sharp from the factory. Gerber, Cold Steel, and Columbia River are about the only decent knives made anymore.
GS1.gif

Sheath looks pretty sharp. I have an older Gerber and pretty worn and still better than most newer knives. Buck seems to put out decent knife. I dont care for their newer designs but the 110 is still a great knife

Sheath looks pretty sharp. I have an older Gerber and pretty worn and still better than most newer knives. Buck seems to put out decent knife. I dont care for their newer designs but the 110 is still a great knife

Didn't I give you a Gerber hunting knife the last time i saw you? I have another Gerber knife that I carry (smaller) but I misplaced it the other day, I had one of the old Buck 110's back in the 60's that I carried while I was it the Army. I left it home when I went to Nam because I didn't want to lose it. I took a Buck Special instead. I used it for everything, but after cutting wire, I didn't have any way to sharpen it. I lost my old 110 when someone stole my knife collection. They got my Special too. The new 110's aren't nearly as good. The old ones were a little smaller and had rounded contours, and better steel.

Yes you gave the Gerber fixed blade. Thats another great looking knife. I gave both of my boys a 110 but dont think they ever use them

Back
Top Bottom