Earthquake

NHdave

last night at about 11:30, it was relatively minor, I think like a 3.2... but it was the first I have experienced, dog started freaking out, then it sounded like a big truck drove by the house, or heavy distant thunder for about 3-5 seconds.

anyon ehere ever been through a larger one?

Earthquakes my way also

I live in central Missouri and there were seven mini quakes to the east, near the Illinois border and there were three quakes in the Oklahoma City area. All of these happened between Sept. 11-19!

I didn't feel any of thes but have been in a couple in the 3.0-3.5 range. It was very similar to your description. We had one plate get broken in one as it fell off of a shelf (on a plate holder).

It is a little un-nerving with this many little quakes going on in the midwest and now your part of the country.

Doug

last night at about 11:30, it was relatively minor, I think like a 3.2... but it was the first I have experienced, dog started freaking out, then it sounded like a big truck drove by the house, or heavy distant thunder for about 3-5 seconds.

anyon ehere ever been through a larger one?

:lol::lol::lol: Is the Pope German?

I was a few miles from the epicenter of the 1989 Loma Prieta quake. That one was rated a mere 6.9 and lasted for about 15 seconds.

I was also visiting Japan. Staying at the 14th floor of a Hotel in Tokyo when the Kobe quake hit on Tuesday, January 17, 1995, in Kobe Japan. That one was a 6.8 but could be felt quite clearly in Tokyo.

Welcome to my world! (California native here!:D:cool:) The '89 quake pretty much destroyed our downtown here in Santa Cruz. As a teenager when the 1964 Alaska quake hit, and kind of stupid surfer dude, we went to the cliffs to look for the tidal wave!!:lol:

Another funny quake story...I was stationed out on Adak in the Aleutians which got shakers all the time. My bunk mate (in the upper rack) was from New York and experienced his first quake after a night of drinking in the EM Club! I think he swore off drinking after that!!:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Is the Pope German?

I was a few miles from the epicenter of the 1989 Loma Prieta quake. That one was rated a mere 6.9 and lasted for about 15 seconds.

I was also visiting Japan. Staying at the 14th floor of a Hotel in Tokyo when the Kobe quake hit on Tuesday, January 17, 1995, in Kobe Japan. That one was a 6.8 but could be felt quite clearly in Tokyo.

Jeez... Loma Prieta.. I was finishing out My Military duty in the reserves and we were mobilized, Talk about disasters... I was setting in my friends trailer, m brother had gone to the store for some beer, it his and I was sitting in a chair looking out his front window...

The ground raised so high I could see over the other tops of the trailers!! By far the worst quake I have ever been in and I am a California Native.. Every other trailer in the park was on the ground. We helped the elderly out to safety, then I was out to the surrounding cities to provide Security.. Santa Cruz was Bad so was Hollister....

Welcome to my world! (California native here!:D:cool:) The '89 quake pretty much destroyed our downtown here in Santa Cruz. As a teenager when the 1964 Alaska quake hit, and kind of stupid surfer dude, we went to the cliffs to look for the tidal wave!!:lol:

Another funny quake story...I was stationed out on Adak in the Aleutians which got shakers all the time. My bunk mate (in the upper rack) was from New York and experienced his first quake after a night of drinking in the EM Club! I think he swore off drinking after that!!:lol::lol::lol:

They weren't kidding when they said Californians were movers and shakers....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom