A short day at the beach...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I decided to go detecting this afternoon when it warmed up to 32 degrees ;) I didn't go in the water... the waves were big with the gusty winds so I searched along the water with my MXT today and pulled the usual change along with the childs silver bracelet and the ring 10K G.F. :o( I was surprised at the merc because it was only 2 inches down in the sand... the big metal thing looks like it was off a keychain...

I didn't hit the beaches I detected earlier this week because I wasn't going in the water... I stayed local and after detecting filled in some slobs holes, spent an hour doing that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P1010504.jpg

That's a good afternoon's work, not bad at all. The cold would probably have kept me away, mostly because of the wind, but otherwise 32 degrees is bearable. I like that ring, it has a simple yet elegant design.

Angel

But remember, Craig...one man's junk is another man's treasure. I for one wouldn't mind having it as part of a growing collection. :D

Angel

You're absolutely right angel. Who know's what will have value in the future. Most people hate finding zinc pennies but they might be worth alot when our grandchildren are having kids.

Gold-filled jewelry

A lot of older jewelry was gold filled. It's probably true that folks who couldn't afford gold bought it. I have a pair of my grandmother's cameo earrings that are gold filled. I wore them to church Sunday, with a cameo pin that almost matches, although it is newer. I also have a gorgeous gold filled Geneva round watch that hangs on a long chain that was my great-grandmother's. And it still works! This piece has to be over 100 years old, at least. Heck, I'd be happy to find something gold filled, even. Still waiting for my first piece of jewelry!

Good going Craig. Glad to see ya get the MXT out. It was probably feeling lonely. :lol: I also agree that even though the ring is gold filled, its still a good find. Heck, I sure wouldn't mind finding one, and sure wouldn't throw it away because its not solid. :D Someone was probably quite upset when they lost it :shock: .

gold-filled

Cfmct-PI...I'd LOVE one of those rings with a purple stone...amethyst is my birthstone. :lol:

I'd love to find some of those goodies. How long have you been doing this, to have such a collection?

I think those are from last month :lol: You can't find them unless you go and
,AND...unless you go somewhere, someone has lost them. Craig has to do both. It is amazing to see his finds. I hope he gets 100 times that in the future.
pop

Nice finds for a short day Craig and I'll have to agree with Hoser, it was nice to take the lonely MXT out for a walk, poor thing probably felt lost being left behind all the time!

About people buying gold filled rings, I still wear one today, it was all we could afford 39 years ago and happy to say I haven't lost it or the love associated with it! Wouldn't be right to replace it now would it!

Bill,

I met up with Carol yesterday and we were going to hit a private beach where I found 4 rings a few weeks ago but it was underwater because we had a coastal flood warning yesterday so we hit some heavily detected beaches and found a good amount of clad... Honestly I can't stand detecting dry sand and going for clad but the waves were way too high to think about getting in the water..

Scrltt

The majority of those finds came out of the water and I have been water hunting for just about 8 months now... Its why I have little interest in dry sand hunting...

poptop said:
I think those are from last month :lol: You can't find them unless you go and
,AND...unless you go somewhere, someone has lost them. Craig has to do both. It is amazing to see his finds. I hope he gets 100 times that in the future.
pop

Pop, if I found that much in 1 month I would quit my job and detect fulltime ;)

yeah Craig - same with me and dry sand - since i been doing the water TH'ing - I can't be bothered with the dry sand - I hit the dry sand once last year - and that was only because my gal drove off with my scoop and had nothing to dig with in the water - would not have been a prob if visability was good but it wasn't - so I had to do the dry sand for a couple of hours til she got back - I did get a bunch of clad and a few pieces of sil. jewelry though. I rather take my chances for water gold - your odds are always better.

Nice

Well I can see you have come into yourself.Man Craig nice load. Mybe when I get my EX I can do just a tad better than I have been doing. Would be nice if we all get togather this spring.
L.I. Mike

Mike I am hoping we can get together at that DIRT hunt again only this time I plan bringing my PI and equipment to hunt the water after the hunt is over... If not there maybe somewhere else but if DIRT is going to be held I plan on going again..

Back
Top Bottom