Garrett Ace 200 Gold Numbers/Sound??

SandMan1130

How does gold present itself in numbers and sound on the Garrett Ace 200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether it's an Ace 200 or any other detector, gold can sound off all over the place from low to mid range, and in some exceptions, even in high tones. There's no exact numbers because gold rings and coins come in various sizes, shapes, and purity.

Gold will give different tones bases on purity, size, other metals used to alloy, whether it is white or yellow etc. There is no detector that I know of that will not give readings all over the spectrum. You either dig a lot of trash or you do not dig any gold.

Run your coil over a gum wrapper, pull tab, and zinc penny. That's what gold sounds like!

I get the trend. I was hoping there was a cure-all but I guess not.

Whether it's an Ace 200 or any other detector, gold can sound off all over the place from low to mid range, and in some exceptions, even in high tones. There's no exact numbers because gold rings and coins come in various sizes, shapes, and purity.

totally agree. when looking for gold you can discrim out iron, but that is about it. so if you are looking for gold rings, dig everything you know absolutely is not junk.

for instance on my 800 I can ID a bottle cap almost 100% of the time so I don't dig them. So if you are in an area that you will be looking for gold and silver rings like parks, volley ball courts and beaches, pretty much dig everything you don't know is junk.

By the way my son has an Ace and out hunts me often with me using the AT Pro or Equinox 800 because he digs everything.

One thing that helps, but is not fool proof. Is that when you get to a site, you may notice that a certain ID number say 62 for example is always the same type of pull tabs in that area for example. That means the chances of 62 is one of those pull tabs and not gold.... most likely....probably,,,,,but it still might be gold. It’s all odds or percentages, how you look at it. But,,, they say, you got to hit the stray ‘strange’ pull tabs some times to increase your odds of gold. HH

Thanks yall for all the great tips and advice.

I have an Ace 250 and most gold rings up as a SOLID nickel .mid tone. No jumping around. Once in a while jumps to foil and back. I dont have or need nor want VDI.

Back
Top Bottom